logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Gecko
Gecko
We have a gas one, too. It's a Briggs and Stratton with a pull start. It's nothing fancy and probably rattles the neighbor's windows even though it's not as noisy as some I've heard in the campgrounds. They are certainly helpful in saving your frozen goods that would otherwise ruin without power for days.

When we use ours, we actually get phone calls from people riding down the street wanting to know why we have power when they do not!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
My brother lives in Albany and he lost power. His GF's son lives in Troy they lost power. GF had company all weekend as she was spared (or was she..LOL) My brother said it wasn't as bad as ours back in 1991. We still see damage from the storm. From the photos I saw in Albany area they looked just like ours except it took the whole city down for 3 days and then about two weeks or more before all got most power back. It did look so pretty and eerie though driving in a world of ice. Only silience.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Our neighbors have a generator and it is LOUD when it goes on. It's a main reason I don't want a generator. I thought it was wonderfully peaceful when the power went out - the whole house was actually SILENT. It is amazing how much "ambient noise" there is normally from clocks, fridges, etc! Never mind TVs and actual noisy things.

There are still tons of people without power around here, so this is pretty serious.

I definitely think everyone should have a hand-crank radio and flashlight as bare basics for an emergency. That way you can see and know what's going on.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Gecko
Gecko
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Gecko
Gecko
Yeah, they can be loud. The running of the motor doesn't bother me in emergency situations or in town. When it gets to me is when you go camping to get some peace and quiet and one of your neighbors has the camper hooked up and the generator running full tilt both night and day.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
That does sound troublesome msbaby! Yes you can understand it in a true emergency - maybe someone in the house has a medical problem and they need the electricity to stay alive. At a campground it is a bit excessive! Although I *suppose* the same could be true ...

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/13/24 08:03 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/10/24 08:39 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Curiosity and Learning
by Angie - 04/06/24 09:56 AM
Easy to Sew Pillowcases
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/03/24 04:38 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/31/24 01:10 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.