Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 45 46
#474760 12/10/08 11:28 PM
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
As mentioned in another thread, I thought we could all collectively keep track of the totems we see as we walk through life each day. I would also include dream visitors or any animals that just stick out (tv, magazines, conversations, etc).

Just some pointers, if you live in a neighborhood with a lot of dogs, or if you live near a dairy farm or horse ranch, I wouldn't post about those. Unless something out of the ordinary happened, like they got out or there was an oddly colored or new one in the pasture.

Who knows? once this thread gets going, what someone sees may click for you, as creator will reach you through whatever means possible.

I will start:

Yesterday I saw a red tail hawk and the day before a pair of bald eagles.

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I saw some desert hawks the other day, a Black-Backed Woodpecker yesterday and another hawk just a few minutes ago. Hawks seem to come in clusters for me, as do Eagles.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
A beautiful white heron on my way to work. I also had a yellowjacket in the car this morning. A bit unusual for December. He got safely out the window.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
B
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
B
One horse in my dream the night before yesterday; three horses in my dream the night before that night. And a lizard in one of the dreams (I don't remember which one.)

Horses usually denote the understanding of the spiritual things and also relates to intellect/intelligence.

In Native American mythology, the lizard is the dreamer. Dreaming of a lizard, therefore, is a sign that your dream was an important one and reveals a lot about where you're coming from, where you're going, and how best to get there. (Could this relate to your foster family, maybe?) In order to get this information, look to the other symbols in your dream.

What did I see this morning on my walk? A huge gaggle of geese, loudly announcing their presence. laugh

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 12/16/08 01:57 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
this morning I saw a pair of purple finches right outside the bathroom window, which is very early seeing as they don't come around til February to nest. They are also the NH state bird...wonder if my mom was thinking of me?

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Yesterday, one of a "baby" Hawks flew by and called out. It absolutely amazed me that I recognized it's call. But then we heard that particular one squawking most of the summer. As I was bringing in the trash can from the street, there were two of my lizards friends chasing each other under the carport. I adore my lizards.

The past few days have been unseasonably warm here, but the cold is coming at the end of the week.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Already this morning I have seen that Blackbacked Woodpecker on top of the pine tree out back calling for his mate. I have watched the two of them all summer and fall and I think they have two little ones. I thought by now they would have gone south, but maybe they stay here year round. I love their calls to each other and enjoy watching them in the trees, looking for insects in the bark.

I miss seeing the lizards that we use to see further out in the desert. Since we moved in to town I have not seen one.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 12/17/08 01:38 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
B
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
B
I think the lizard is related to my own heritage (somewhere I mentioned I am going to paint one, forming a circle with its own body), and has something to do with my foster family.

I saw a rather large hawk today. I do not believe I have seen this one before - he seemed much larger than the usual ones I see often.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 45 46

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.