Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
The northeastern US just got hit with a giant ice storm, which turned all the trees into glass sculptures! It was REALLY pretty smile It also took down a ton of power lines!

Post your photos!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Massachusetts has nearly 300,000,000 homes with still no electric.
My son and his family are one of the many, no pump for their well water besides no heat or electric. They told it would not be running till some time next week. Massachusetts and Parts of New Hampshire have close to a million homes with no heat or electric. How so many of us are not prepared for such emergencies.

Rosie L
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Yeah we got that here in Albany too. It really was pretty to look at. Too bad it did the damage it did. It was like an icy wonderland around here.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Vance - I was in fact driving out to Bennington VT to pick up my son when I took these photos, so I was nearly at Albany smile Here's another photo -

We had a huge branch down in our driveway but luckily it missed both cars. We only lost power for maybe 14 hours so we were fine! We have well water too but we keep gallon jugs around of water for emergencies so we were fine there smile

Low Carb Forum
R
Amoeba
Amoeba
R
The pictures are stunning! But it's so true that most of us are woefully unprepared for these types of weather emergencies!
My thoughts are with everyone coping with the effects of the ice storm! Please keep safe!

Reshma Vyas, Home Finance Editor
Home Finance Website
Home Finance Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
There are still tons of people without power out here. We are very lucky that we have power and heat!

Yes it's always good no matter where you live to have an emergency plan. You never know what will hit, or when.

Low Carb Forum
Gecko
Gecko
Ice storms are incredibly beautiful, but also inconvenient and dangerous. It's been a few years since I went through one, but in the last storm we heard of some people who asphyxiated themselves through improper use of a generator. So, please be careful and never use one inside your home.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I know it sounds silly to all you guys in the North, but whenever we get hit by something major down here in the South - hardly anybody is ever prepared for it, simply because nobody ever thinks it is going to happen.

The last time we got hit by a major ice storm was right before David and I got married (about 8 years ago). Everyone was pretty much locked down for 4-5 days.

Luckily our houses have fireplaces, and lots of wood. But David got a generator that can run the house in case of emergencies - mainly because he has so much computer and back up stuff from his work, LOL! We just get to benefit from it, too.

We also invested in an emergency weather radio, and bought one for my parents and grandparents. But that is honestly as valuable to us during tornado season as any other time. I think that is the most valuable purchase we have ever maee.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Gecko
Gecko
Michelle, Did you get one of the generators that run on natural gas or a gas powered one? After the last one we considered getting a permanent one, but other expenses took priority over something that would only be necessary during bad weather.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Gasoline unfortunately.

It stinks, it is horribly loud - but it will keep us warm.

It will also annoy the heck out of all of our neighbors if we ever have to actually use it! So we will ust have to invite the neighborhood over for a big campout if we are the only house with heat so they won't all hate us, LOL!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.