Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I'm looking to start a new family tradition this holiday season.

I'd love to hear what you all do?

Traditions we already have:

Go to the Christmas Parade
Egg Nog by the Fireplace watching "Elf"
Driving around looking at the lights
Caroling

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
When my girls were young we would drive around and look at the Christmas lights on Christmas Eve. We always had con queso (cheese dip) and tamales for dinner. They were able to open one gift which was always Christmas pj's. On Christmas Day I started a tradition of giving everyone a table gift. It is always a small gift that is placed on their plate prior to lunch.

I finally stopped giving the PJ's because my girls claimed they had too many Christmas pajamas! I didn't realize you could have too many. LOL

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Oh I LOVE Christmas PJS!!! Nothing makes me feel cheerier than cozy jammies and hot cocoa!

I've been thinking about what sort of traditional Christmas Eve dinner we could start. As I look back, I can't think of a single dinner LOL! I like the tamale idea! It's fun and easy! Well, it would be easy for me cuz I'd buy the tamales LOL!

This year we are going to church on Christmas Eve, which we don't normally do, but I've been asked to sing - so that's a no brainer LOL! We are going to drive around and look at lights afterward. Naturally LOL!

Egg Nog French Toast!
Make french toast with egg nog instead of milk. Though I'd recommending still adding the eggs smile

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
It is too late for this year, but next year, I am going to start giving a homemade ornament to everyone - a different style each year.

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
My Mom always gives Christmas Pjs as gifts on Christmas Eve, too! laugh

How about doing a big pot of chili in the crockpot for Christmas Eve? You can start it in the morning, let it cook all day, throw some baked potatoes in the oven about an hour before you're ready to eat - TADA! Done.

We actually just started doing the Advent Wreath last year, so that is a new tradition for us - though I know it is a very old tradition in the church.

These holidays for us are going to be all about memories. My grandfather was just dx with Alzheimer's, my grandmother on the other side is failing very quickly from Parkinson's, and my great-uncle has been very ill. It is not likely that all 3 of them will be with us much longer, and my grandfather's memory probably will need some help in the future. So we are making lots of pictures, videos and stories so that the kids will remember these years.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Not celebrating the holidays is my tradition. All holidays are annoying one way or another but that time of year is more than annoying.

Moderated by  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.