logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Koala
Koala
I'm currently reading the Septuagint (and discovering a great deal regarding the mis-tranlations of most of the modern Christian Bibles... but that's another story). I'm also reading a few of the gnostic works/apocrypha that were deliberately omitted from many religious teachings based on Christ. You're right when you state so much of the content overlaps with other religions/belief systems. We are all children of the same universe and have so much in common; we (the greater humanity "we") just often choose to overlook other paths in favor of the "one true path".

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
I have been reading the Nag Hamamadi and in parts my eyes cross water and beg please dont read no more and in others my mind goes spining but still other times I am like Oh that explanes something in the bible or Oh I never thought of that! between the new terms and writing styles... it is interesting at the very lessed! laugh

Koala
Koala
'Chelle - have you read "The Book of Meaning of Life" by Lao Tzu? I've read about 1/3. I have to set it aside periodically to process the text.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Just realized I never answered you question - sorry!

No I have not read it. But it looks like I probably should. laugh

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
T
T
Michelle thanks for visiting the Republican Party Forum and posting your comment. Your forum on spirituality interests me because I believe in that spirituality is not only part and parcel of our reality but can be one and the same. I am intrigued by things spiritual as well as temporal. A human being definitely has a soul that needs spiritual nourishment.

C Buenavista, Republican Party Editor
Republican Party Website
Republican Party Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Thanks!

Wow! I was just reading your bio on the Republican Party page - you have really jumped in with both feet!

My 1st husband was in the army (OH58 pilot) and although we are no longer married I still have a tremendous amount of resepct for the armed forces. I still have a tremendous amount of respect for things my ex did in the armed forces. I feel if Clinton had not take office when he did, we might still be in the Army - but it is hard to say. But,my ex was a good officer, he took care of his men.

So do you go by the name "Tom" then?

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
J
J
Oh Boy, I am a born again Christian. And I actually had a spiritual experience more than once in my lifetime. I have actually seen the spiritual world around us. Was born again in my bedroom just me and my Bible. I had fasted for 2 weeks prior and had been seeking for the truth. Was the Bible real? Was heaven and hell real? Were there really angels, demons, and what about the devil? I was raised Nazarene but didn't like to go to church and thought everyone was hypocritcal. When I turned 22 I moved in with a family who were born again Christians and they lived it out by showing me God's unconditional love everyday. I was amazed how holy and godly these people were and loving. One day I knelt down and made Jesus Christ the Lord of my life and received the Holy Spirit. I remember the moment the time and everything. It changed me from the inside out. Even the grass was greener the sky was bluer I was actually what Jesus mentioned in John 3:3 Born again. I had religion, but I didn't know Jesus as a real person who wanted to be in my life and live His life through me by His Holy Spirit. After that I received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit which a lot of churches don't believe in. And received the gift of tongues and prophecy.. promised to us in Joel 2 and I Corinthians 14. After that I actually picked up a wicca white witch, which I didn't know she was at the time and she wanted to be delivered from a demon that entered her through a wicca meeting. I was just a new believer but knew the power of Jesus name and casted it out. She was like a new person. She even had a change in her face. It was a wonderful experience to see someone who was so bound to be so free. God bless.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Welcome to the Spirituality forum Jenilyn!

I believe God manifests Himself in all of us in different ways and strengths. I fully believe in the spiritual gifts, but think many people do not recognize them for what they are.

I also believe that He gives us Talents to be used as well. And these can be just as important as Gifts. Actually, in this day and time when so few people believe in miracles and are so cynical - I wonder if Talents (like music, poetry, empathy, healing) might reach more people.

This is just a "hmmmmm" thought I have had at times, definitely not anything I can point to in the Bible. But I see many people moved by a kind hearted person in this cold world today.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
J
J
Dear Michelle,

I believe that the spiritual gifts are for the edifying of the body of Christ, and the fruit of the spirit, love, joy, peace, empathy, forgiveness, mercy, meekness is what flows through us to reach out to the people that are hurting in this world. Although Paul mentions that prophecy is good for everyone, because if someone comes in to the service and hears a word from God that they know only God could have spoken they would fall down on their knees and turn to God. Otherwise tongues has to be interpreted for all the hearers to benefit from what is being said. The gifts of a word of knowledge or a word of wisdom which God gives to the believer for the right person, can also show them that God is concerned and interested in them. I have had this happen to me on numerous occasions. I do not know the person and God speaks to me in my heart something about this person and I by faith speak to them, and they will say that is exactly what I needed or what they had been dealing with in their life. God works through people. We are the body of Christ. We are the temple of the Holy Spirit and God wants to use us as his instruments, his hands, his feet and his mouth to touch a dying, hurting world. This is what I believe. I get a little heated on politic topics, so sorry if I offend anyone on the Republican site...I am just very adament about it. I need to pray more and show more mercy and compassion. I just get upset when I see someone ungodly or untruthful being in such a place of power. But I will pray for now. And try to stay off that blog. Thanks for e-mailing me back.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
No problem at all!

And I didn't mean that I was disagreeing with you about Spiritual Gifts, I do feel they are very important - just very overlooked in this scientific age.

And trust me - I have lost my temper plenty of times on these forums! I even managed to do it on the dog forum once, LOL!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.