logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
As the holidays approach, I wanted to offer my time to provide free support in helping you learn how to make origami flowers, origami roses, origami cranes and more for your holiday gift giving. Gifts do not need to be expensive. Sometimes the best gifts are free. Just take that catalog you got in the mail, cut the pages into squares, and you're all set!

Here are the videos -

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
If you're looking for a gift idea for a kid, I know many kids who love origami mobiles for their rooms. You can customize the mobile to have their favorite colors! Here's an example -

It is straightforward to make - you just need to learn how to make cranes - and children really do enjoy getting this. The only real 'cost' is the dowel which you can get at any hardware or craft store for pennies.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
For women (and I suppose some men would appreciate them too!) origami flower bouquets are always appreciated. You can customize the flowers to be in her favorite color, and this is the sort of present that gets displayed and treasured all year long!

The only thing you need for this is the pipe cleaner stems, which you can get at any craft store for pennies apiece.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
For putting into your holiday cards, or decorating your own tree, I definitely recommend hanging cranes on a string -

You can make these in any color you want. You can give a set of these to someone as a present. If you give them singly, either alone or as a "present topper" you can write the year on the underside of the wing to make it even more special as a memento!

Low Carb Forum
Gecko
Gecko
I made some of the cranes like yours with the bead crystal. I like the bead as it is more decorative and when the light hits it , it looks even better. I also make the paper stars. Cute inexpensive gifts I use to hand out to my coworkers at Christmas for hanging on their desk.

I bought a kit at a craft fair which had the most prettiest paper. It has a design on both sides but I can't locate this paper via Google for the life of me. It is so much better than the paper they have at the craft or art stores. I think it is Japaneese made.

another useful idea

Last edited by rdywenur; 12/05/08 10:12 PM.
K
K
Lisa, your bow tie and duck are Christmas presnets for my two twenty-somethings nieces. I used a ten instead of a one dollar bill, but they turned out nice! I couldn't follow the heart video well enough though. I might try it again. I want it for my mother's gift....

Kathleen A Pearlman
D
D
I went to your website these are beautiful, still trying to decide which ones I want to make to add to the boys stockings!

Des28

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Kathy, that's great that they came in helpful! yes it's a fun way to give cash presents with an extra flair smile

Des - let me know if you have any questions!

Low Carb Forum
A
A
They are very pretty. I really like your flowers. The mobile is nice too but the flowers are amazing.

F
F
Thare are lots of colorful threads I really like it.
Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mia - Paper Crafts 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.