Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
Originally Posted By: VickyH
Has anyone listened to the new Zogby poll about the people who voted for Obama?

There's quite a bit of discussion about this at The Wall Street Journal - Zogby poll on Obama voters

Quote:
... "Zogby posed 12 questions to 512 Obama voters last week, then ran the results this week on its site with the sub-headline �Survey finds most Obama voters remembered negative coverage of McCain/Palin statements but struggled to correctly answer questions about coverage associated with Obama/Biden.� ..."

"... Ziegler told Fox News that he spent about $13,000 on the poll and on a related short film, both of which will be used in his documentary. On Fox, he challenged liberals to sponsor a similar poll of McCain supporters. He told me he was sure McCain backers would do better: ..."

The accusation that it was a "push poll" was refuted at Pollster.com: Zogby's Knowledge Test

Quote:
A push poll isn't a survey at all, but negative telemarketing calls made under the guise of the survey.

There is a transcript online of
An Interview with John Ziegler on the Zogby "Push Poll"

Quote:
... Ziegler asked, among other conditions, that I post a full transcript of the interview, which I have. The transcript below is intended to be representative as possible from my shorthand transcript...
....Ziegler: I stand one hundred percent by the notion that there is absolutely zero ambiguity as to what the right answer is to any of the questions.

and is also written up in the
Washington Times - Inside Politics

Pam W
SE of Seattle

Last edited by SNC_Editor_Pam; 11/23/08 06:08 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I vote for the polygraph tests - makes sense to me!

A Moderate Party? Sounds good. How about a Mellow Party also.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Originally Posted By: Phyllis, NA and Folk
How about a Mellow Party also.

Mellow politics.... {sighs wistfully}

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
W
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
W
What about a party that actually -gasp- represents the people rather than special intrests shocked

-whoisjohngalt

(I like the Mellow Party)

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I would love to see special interests stop running the show. But if they were taken down, new ones would simply take their place, yes? How to control something so pervasive?

I'd vote Mellow Party!

W
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
W
Should we maybe start a new forum called the "Mellow Party" and figure out what it should stand for and what it would change in the government? Maybe get a thread to a link to a petition to get it started (If you don't dream big, what's the point?)

I think somewhere near the beginning would have to be the polygraph thing.

(I think if we did this, however, I would have to tone down my anti- Lib/Soc/Oba/Pel/Rei/Mar remarks. It would kind of defeat the purpose of being "mellow" smile )

-whoisjohngalt

T
T
[quote=toddzgrrl02] I think the Republican party needs to really work on determining if it is a truly conservative party or if it is more moderate and stick with one thing. Granted, a truly conservative party will have the hardest time winning, unless there is another combo similar to McCain Palin where one is more middle ground and one is more conservative. [/quote] Part of the problem that I see with the Republican Party is the fact that it has lost its conservative voice. The moderates and independents have taken over the party front office and surely we saw this in the primaries with the ascendancy of John McCain. The future for the party may indeed look bleak but we can look forward to a time of rethinking and re-evaluation. This is the Reagan redux... or as Sean Hannity says, "Conservatism in exile"... for now.

T
T
Originally Posted By: whoisjohngalt
Should we maybe start a new forum called the "Mellow Party" and figure out what it should stand for and what it would change in the government? Maybe get a thread to a link to a petition to get it started (If you don't dream big, what's the point?
-whoisjohngalt

Sort of like what the preacher's invocation prayer during the inauguration. . ."...that black will no longer be told to get back, that brown will be around, that yellow will be mellow. . . that white will finally get it right. . ."

C Buenavista, Republican Party Editor
Republican Party Website
Republican Party Forum
Amoeba
Amoeba
I personally loved President Bush and I think he did a great job. However, I voted that I was not satisfied with the party because McCain was picked as our GOP candidate. Surely in all the republican party there is a young, charasmatic, likeable person that could run for President! McCain is a good man but I think his age is what hurt this election. He was running against a fresh young man spouting "Change!". The repulican party BLEW IT big time.

J
J
I am wanting to be really honest here. I am having a hard time with this forum. I am a Republican and still believe in fundamental basics of the party. I do believe it got off base over the years, but that is why we are going to have to get it back to the basic foundation. I hope people don't give up on the Republican Party because it is the party of small government and less spending. That's what McCain/Palin wanted to do. Have a budget and get rid of the pork, and ear marks..etc. They knew how to kick start an economy. I was truly heartbroken when Obama was elected. I actually laid on the floor and cried. I felt like this world now has no hope. It is basically going to he-- in a handbasket. I feel sorry for all the people who were duped and voted for him. I think now people are beginning to wake up to him and see all of his bad picks for the administration and bad decisions he is already making...sending 20 million to Gaza...what? Sending money overseas for abortions for other countries...what? Picking people to represent us who haven't paid their taxes...what is going on? Finally the truth is being seen and it hasn't even been a month in office.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.