Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
T
If we notice him doing it at odd times, not when he is talking about an opponent, I could see your argument. And after knowing that is how people took it he had tried to explain it or apologize for coming across as doing something like that, I could understand it, but I've not seen him do it at "normal" times when it cannot be construed as shooting the bird and I have not heard him deny that is what he was doing, and in fact, he LAUGHED with the crowd in one video of him doing it, so yeah, I doubt it was just because he happens to have long fingers. We'll see in the next 4 years because it seems like it might be habit. We'll just have to see which habit it is. Flipping the bird or scratching an itch. I think timing when it happens will prove it one way or another, although imo it is already proven.

Michelle
Sponsored Post Advertisement
W
Shark
Shark
W
Another point in the video of Obama speaking of Hillary video, after his "scratching," he has a tough time speaking because he is trying not to laugh. He obviously thought somebody did or said something funny. His words were saying that they try to get a jab at one another at every opprotunity. This video also provides the reactions of the crowd directly behind him in slow motion.

One woman says, "What happened?"
The other says he flipped Hillary the bird.
The first womans mouth gets really big with shocked appreciative laughter. Obviously not a reaction to his words.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

S
S
Originally Posted By: ChelleLaunch&Spirituality
I've watched both of them - and I see where everyone is talking about, but I really do not think it was intentional.

The main reason is, he has extremely long, thin fingers - "piano fingers" my mom would have called them. Before I gained all my weight, my fingers looked much like his (and I do play the piano - I can reach over an octave), my 3 children have the same types of fingers.

The reason I put this picture up (other than I love showing off my daughter every chance I get!) is because she is supposed to be "shooting" her fingers at the cheer judges. But if you notice, her middle finger is kind of sticking down. Her coach is always getting onto her about her fingers sticking up at odd angles.

My piano teacher was constantly rapping my fingers for sticking up in the air when they weren't on the keys.

Both of my sons (one is 17, one is 5) will scratchg their noses with their middle finger or push his glasses up with his middle finger - because it is the longest.

Mu oldest son has Asperger's and gets really upset with people when they laughg at him for using his middle finger, because he doesn't realize he is doing it and means nothing by it.

I did NOT want Obama as my President, but I'm not going to be upset about little things like this. We can probably find TONS of pictures of other Presidents doing similar things, but it is just not worth the time to go looking. I think it is simply an unconcious motion. But I bet whoever winds up being his Press Secretary brings it to his attention now, and we won't see it anymore! blush

Whatever. Obama doesn't have Asperger's and he knew exactly what the h*ll he was dong. I have no doubt it was intentional.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
That is a super cute picture Michelle. She looks just like you. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I think that is about the most wonderful compliment I have ever gotten, Thank You! (Because I of course think she is the most beautiful girl in the world.) grin

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
shocked Did you see the clip a few days ago of Snoop Dog - he was on Martha Stewart's show? They made mashed potatoes, and when he was done he flipped Martha and her entire audience the bird - either that or he used his longest finger to reach into the bowl, grab some potatoes, and eat them.

It's all in the observer.

Last edited by GrannyH; 11/20/08 11:00 PM.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.