Print Thread
K
Kimmi08 Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
K
It's all about love.

Hubbie and I have been together since we both were 16 and now, in our 40s and though life has been both full of laughter, tears and anger, love has kept us through it all. We've captured each other's hearts through his way,... my way and a compiling combination of compromises.

He is my love, my friend, my joy, my pain and I couldn't imagine life without him.

What's your story. (the more mushy, the better)

Last edited by Kimmie08; 11/13/08 10:39 AM.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
I agree with you Kimberly--it's all about love.

Gosh, I would love to find true, real love!

I'm 47 now and am living with someone for companionship and financial reasons. I hate to admit that, but it's true. I thought I could learn to love this man. It doesn't work that way--at least not for me. I've been told by some women that a person can learn to love someone, but it's certainly not my experience.

I was married for nearly 20 years to someone that I loved and was friends with. It was his second marriage and he didn't really want to give his heart to me. He was aloof and apethetic at times. We were better friends than lovers. He had a child from the first marriage and I became a stepmom to him when he was four years old. I didn't want to leave him. We're still very close, thankfully!

And, then there's the man that I get stomach flutters and sweaty palms over...he is married, sadly for me. He's off limits, but he's soooo HOT!

It seems that I'm not meant for love in this lifetime, but I have hopes that I'm wrong about that statement. For those of you who love someone and are loved back--enjoy it, treasure it, and KEEP it!!

Roberta

Last edited by rlh1961; 11/25/08 01:11 AM.

A dog owns nothing, yet is seldom dissatisfied. - Irish Proverb
K
Kimmi08 Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
K
Hi, Roberta. I truly treasure mine and never take it for granted. Although I did in my youth but I've learned just how blessed I am when I see friends having the opposite of what I have.

Thanks for chiming in. Happy Thanksgiving.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
F
F
You've been together since you were 16? That is amazing. I take my hat off to you!! I am 21 and living with my boyfriend who I love beyond anything I ever could have imagined, and people often say to me that I'm too young to have met 'the one'. Your story gives me hope that I might be right :)

I am happily married to my high school sweetheart.He continues to sweep me off my feet after all these years.

K
K

Hi, I am still hoping to meet Mr. Right after many Mr. Wrongs. It is good to read the success stories.

My last relationship ended at Christmas. I loved him but he was just using me. He may have loved me in his own way. He didn't like to look for work or help pay for things. He got verbally abusive at times and mad when I asked him to look for a job.

This was the 3rd and last time I asked him to leave. He would get a job and I'd let him come back but he would end up getting fired or walking off the job.

I'm asking God to please put the right man in my life. For now I have my cute Boston Terrier and he helps a lot. I'm not giving up and made a pact with myself that if they don't have an apartment, job and a car I'm not dating them.

Good Luck to everyone!

R
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
R
Hi Kimmie! Happy New Year!

This is an excerpt from my article: How Do You Love?

To be honest, I never expected to be in love with my husband. We were friends. He was so not my type! But this wonderful thing happened, and God blessed me with more love than I ever imagined. So much so, that it just spills into every area of my life.

My husband thanked me for loving him. He said it was the unconditional love that I showed him as a friend that changed his life. He stated, he knew then that God really existed, and truly loved him. Our friendship alone awakened him to a love that he never knew was real. My heart bursts with joy to hear that from my husband. I never knew that before he told me. It showed me just how important it is to share the love of God in all that we do. To be genuine in all that we do and say.

I didn't set out to fall in love with John. I was intent on being his friend and just being who I am. Love is one of the greatest gifts we can give. It is a gift that multiplies in so many different ways. And sometimes unexpected ways.

My husband opened my eyes to many things about myself. He knows me so well, it's scary at times...and at times it get;s on my nerve that he knows me so well!! But, all in all I wouldn't have it no other way because he knows how to minister to me as his wife, friend, lover, partner, helpmeet. And I know how to minister to him.

Now, don't get me wrong, we have our moments, but we determined to make sure we work it out. whistle Divorce is not an option, however. We went into our marriage that we will be together until death us do part.

My husband has a saying, and I like to give it back to him at times: "We communicate and make sure that the understanding is understood." wink

Here's to life and love. Never settle. Always listen to your heart, and know that wht you are giving out will return to you. So let your reflction be one of unconditional love. grin

Blessings!
Ruthe

Last edited by Ruthe AfricanAmericanEd; 01/18/09 12:59 AM.
Shark
Shark
was married for 14 years. he left for another woman (younger). but after he left, i realized i had been living in an environment of emotional abuse for ages. it was liberating to be able to make mistakes without being screamed at or kicked out of the house (little things like dropping a glass or misplacing something).

i've been in a relationship now for 14 months, and i'm very happy. i have no desire to marry again, and fortunately, the man i'm with has no desire to get married either. we live separately, but are together most of the time. it's a good feeling to have my place separate from his.

i'm very happy now, though. he treats me like a human being. he understands when i might make a mistake. he doesn't lose his temper with me. he doesn't yell. he is loving, kind, tender, gentle, and he listens to me. he notices when i have something on my mind or when i am tired. he gives me space when i need it too.

my story is one of starting over, and i'm grateful for this second chance.

plus, he likes my dog, and that's tops with me. smile

Moderated by  Kate Relationships Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.