logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Milana Offline OP
OP Offline
Do you shop online or buy them at store? A few years ago my answer will be-At store. But now I am doing all my shopping online.Personally I like Avon products. They are doing wonders with my skin and they always include samples of new products with the purchase.

[deleted due to commercial nature]

Last edited by Jilly; 11/16/08 08:33 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
Well - that site didn't have any skincare & beauty products.

How about this site for AVON?

www.youravon.com/gdooley

I have purchased from there. Shipping is only $3 and sometimes they send you a coupon code and the shipping is free!

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

S
Gecko
Gecko
S
I get face moisturizer at Macy's, but cream facial wash and other skin products at Meijer grocery store. I don't order things online usually. If I can't find something at my local drug store or grocery store then I don't get it. I guess I'm just a simpleton.

J
J
I usually buy from Macy and eBay.

Check out my favorite site:Everydaypop.com
Shows the most popular/watched items of eBay.
S
Shark
Shark
S
Neutragena is the brand I use, Healthy Skin is wonderful for your face. Walmart has it and Target.

S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
I sometimes shop at Avon, but since I am always on a budget I tend to just get products at my local drug store.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I am pretty much a Sephora girl. I know it costs more than the stuff at drugstores, but as Sephora doesn't carry any product lines that test on animals, I feel better about shopping there.

The drugstore lines are generally on the PETA lists as supporting cosmetics animal testing.

I am pretty sure Avon doesn't do animal testing, but am not sure. Does anyone know?

R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
Avon is on Petas and the Caring Consumers list of companies that DO NOT test on animals.

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
I generally use Avon and Estee Lauder, drug store, etc. I'm trying a product line (Arbonne) at the moment.

K
K
I live in Netherland before and Sephora doesn't have stores there and they don't offer shipping to Netherland. So I search around on the interent and I found a site called beautilady.com that surprisingly they ship worldwide and you can find many premium cosmetic and skincare brands with great discount!

Now I don't have to travel around and buy cosmetics that I want. I really like shopping online!

J
J
I use Amway products which gives good results to my skin they are soft and smooth...

drug rehab

I buy my comsetics from WalMart,Target,grocery store,etc.I love Maybelline and Cover Girl products.

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Mostly i purchase on company show room some time when products are not availabe then i will purchase online.

S
S
i get a lot at macy's =)

N
N
If you care about chemical influence on environment, why not care about chemical action on your body? If you do, it's time for organic and natural cosmetics.

Last edited by nonamewoman; 01/03/09 02:15 PM.
P
P
I usually get recommendations from my dermatologist and they have a store in their office. My skin keeps changing, and I really like the antiaging products they offer that you don't see at regular drug or department stores. Right now, I am using TNS recovery Complex and Journee which is a moisterizer and has an SPF of 30. Both also have antioxidants and contain the human growth factor which is great for my fine lines and wrinkles and discolorations. I can buy in store or go online to skinsolutionmd.com. I love trying new products, and they constantly stay up to date with the latest and greatest!!!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Hi Pamperedgirl! I love cosmetic products with antioxidants. Those, along with a good sunscreen, can go a long way to slowing down facial aging of the skin.

Shark
Shark
Nordstroms. I love them because their prices are the same as Macys and Dillards, but their return policy is wonderful. They also offer a few more brands, like Bobbi Brown.

You can supposedly return any beauty product or perfume for any reason with your receipt used or unused. I've done it several times and they simply smile, appoligize that it didn't work out for you and refund your money. I've done it multiple times and they don't argue, look at you unpleasantly or anything. It's great. I've returned items that I've had an allergic reaction to as well as colors of lipstick that I simply didn't like once I got home.

I also love Yes to Carrots, Yes to Cucumbers and Yes to Tomoatoes products. Walgreens seems to have about the best selection from the line, in store is great but on-line they offer quite a bit more.

I guess I'm slightly addicted. I'm the only person I know who spends more on perfume and lotion than handbags and shoes. smile

Last edited by Charity - Roses; 01/06/09 04:38 PM.

Charity Armstrong
Roses Editor

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Charity i am with you. I am not a shoe-girl - i love me my lotions and potions. It's my big addiction. lol

Also, Nordstroms is GREAT. They will take anything back with a smile. They want you as a customer for life, and places like that sure do get my loyalty, even if the cost is a little higher. They also have high quality products and I believe none of the cosmetics lines they carry do any animal testing.

I usually get my Clinique, Origins, Prescriptives and Bobbi Brown products from Nordys. smile

Last edited by Jilly; 01/06/09 04:47 PM.
K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Hi, everyone. I usually get my facial products from Walgreens or Walmart. Nothing special, thanks to good genes and skin. Bye.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Hi Kimmie Girl! According to studies reported by Paula Begoun, the self-styled Cosmetics Cop, drugstore lines often have extremely high quality products within the typical lines. Revlon gets high accolades, as well as L'Oreal. Cover Girl, not as much. Maybelline is considered in the middle. But, of course, there are gems in every line that are perfect for people.

Neutrogena is also considered a thoughtful, top notch brand.

You do need to look harder in drugstores and superstores for the right products as you can't try things first, but they have liberal return policies to make up for it.

It's my understanding that all those lines do animal testing, which is why I avoid them.

Thank your parents for your excellent genes! You do have lovely skin and hair. smile

Last edited by Jilly; 01/06/09 05:05 PM.
K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Girl, I try to maintain (if only I could get off of this rollercoaster ride of fitness...hahaha)I've let the hair grow out, stop streaking it with color and try to keep a good facial regime. Thank you for the compliment. I thought I'd take off my old avatar and put up a new one for the new year. How you like it? What about lil' ole' Lucky?

Thanks again and back at cha'. As the song goes, "is your daddy rich and yo' momma good lookin'" I think so. Take care Jilly. Good to see you again and chat with ya'. Bye.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Lucky is adorable and also seems to have good genes - really shiny fur. Nice clean ears too. You are taking good care of that pooch. smile

Thanks for the compliment. I think the Italian genes make my skin somewhat resilient. Lord knows that with all the backpacking I've done without sunscreen, I am just plain lucky with my skin. I really try to be all over the sunscreen at this point to keep youthful as long as possible.

Yeah, it's best for hair to not color if if one doesn't have to, and not shower every day if one can tolerate it. Good on you for getting off the streaking train. laugh

Shark
Shark
Kimmie,

Your post made me smile. Lucky is cute. Is he new? I have a 7 year old golden.

You do have great looking skin.

I have naturally curly hair and can't color mine or it dries out awful, no matter how carefully it's done.

Charity Armstrong
Roses Editor

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Originally Posted By: Jilly
Lucky is adorable and also seems to have good genes - really shiny fur. Nice clean ears too. You are taking good care of that pooch. smile

Thanks for the compliment. I think the Italian genes make my skin somewhat resilient. Lord knows that with all the backpacking I've done without sunscreen, I am just plain lucky with my skin. I really try to be all over the sunscreen at this point to keep youthful as long as possible.

Yeah, it's best for hair to not color if if one doesn't have to, and not shower every day if one can tolerate it. Good on you for getting off the streaking train. laugh

Did you say Italian genes? Oh, yeah, you're set for old age. Good genes, hair, smile...the works. What products do you need really? I understand about the sunscreen though. Gotta' have it. Lady, I love anything italian. If my husband weren't so good looking, handsome and such a gentleman, I would have wanted to marry an Italian man for sure. What pretty kidz. Black and Italian.

And as far as Lucky's "yoda" ears....I just had to laugh. Those are the cleanest ears ever on a dog that I never do anything to. (laughing hard) Take care Jilly.

Last edited by Kimmie08; 01/06/09 05:51 PM.

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Originally Posted By: Charity - Roses
Kimmie,

Your post made me smile. Lucky is cute. Is he new? I have a 7 year old golden.

You do have great looking skin.

I have naturally curly hair and can't color mine or it dries out awful, no matter how carefully it's done.

Glad I could make you smile Charity. Been missin' you on the forum about roses. I'll be looking for tips in about a month. Thanks for the compliment. Good genes and God's gift to black skin is all I can say.

When I saw your post said naturally curly hair, I just kept invisioning the lil' cute girl on Charlie Brown, you know the one who adores her red, naturally curly hair. With natural curls, heck,who needs color. You already have an enhancement.

I thought black hair was so boring which made me try out color. All through my twenties and thirties, I've been blonde, auburn, highlighted and back to black. I think I've had enough and am settling in with good skin regime and black shiny hair. Good chatting with you ladies. Bye.

M
M
For my body skincare products I only use Barielle products. Their creams have always been great for me, especailly since I have terribly dry skin & they have plenty to choose from! My favorite is the Total Foot Cream!! Their nail polishes are really nice as well. [url=http://www.barielle.com/]BARIELLE.COM[/url]

Last edited by MakeupBeauty; 01/08/09 05:08 PM.
K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
I used to skimp on face wash and creams. But now that I've started using the "good" stuff I will never go back. I really do notice a difference. I use Peter Thomas Roth products bought at Sephora.

C
C
For my skin I prefer products by [url]http://www.cosmeticsurgeoninajar.com[\url]. They are cost and quality effective.

C
C
For my body, hand & feet lotions. I use Barielle products. I used to use avon but the products from Barielle worked so much better for me. They have really great skincare products. FREE10 usually works at check out for 10% off your purchase. [url=http://www.barielle.com/]Barielle[/url]

Last edited by CosmeticGirl; 02/16/09 05:08 PM.
Gecko
Gecko
Online, Ulta Stores, drug store, dept store...where ever it is and wherever I must go to get the best deal. I use, Bare Essentials, Nivea, Smashbox, Philosophy.

B
B
i buy my cosmetics in the health care products section of a department store.i read carefuly the contents of the products before buying.I usually use thise with natural ingredients rather than chemicals.Here in philippines I prefer the Godiva products:facial astringent and skin brigthening cream all with licorice extract that is compatible with human skin to even out bleamishes and discoloration

M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
I have that book "don't go to the cosmetic counter with me" and look for inexpensive good products that you can find at any drug store. Aveeno, Neutrogena and Sally Hansen are good products. But when it comes to fashion products, I love MAC. They always have the right colours. Mattie a la mode

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I use Liz Earle products from QVC, they're all natural ingredients and they work miracles, I suffered from acne when i was a teen and it cleared it up beautifully. I also use Gatineau, Elemis, Molten Brown - I hate to say it, but the expensive stuff is usually the best. Bare Essentuals is huge in my house too smile

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I get my make up from the spa where I work - mineral makeup - however I have found some really nice products at WalMart. I get my mascara there - Neutragena with olive oil.

I'm using Arbonne skin care but the Equate cleanser and moisturizer from WalMart is nice too.

Shark
Shark
I agree , Bare Essentials is the best!

For Beauty products I purchase everything online now. I was referred to [url=http://www.hotpantscosmetics.com/]HotPantsCosmetics.com[/url] they have a wide variety of products.

Last edited by lulubell; 04/01/09 08:16 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
It's so interesting to read about where people shop for their makeup. :-)

This is one of those fun topics that has no 'right' or 'wrong' answer. Once you've found product lines that you truly love, it's worth keeping them around...but it's also fun to keep trying new things from time to time. :-)

N
N
Almost 100% is bought in drugstores where I live. The past years the majority of the time when I have bought these products online has been on Amazon Canada. In the past I have bought from Avon (now in Canada we cannot buy online without a seller and none are near me so no more Avon for me), Sephora and Victoria's Secret. Last year I did find a discount website where they had products that were discontinued but a few months later that website disappeared. I did found late last year Canada Beauty Supply (all in 1 part and add the .ca) and they have the Almay face care (bar soap + liquid soap + toner + cream) that I have always wanted to try, it's not cheap though so I probably won't try it!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.