logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K
K
Thank you for the welcomes!

Jilly, boxing really is a blast! I do a boxing circuit when I work out (aiming more at conditioning, than actually fighting). The circuit consists of a heavy bag, a speed bag, a double ended bag, crunches on an incline with a medicine ball, and jumping rope.

I start each workout with general footwork around a ring, shuffling, while throwing punches and weaving - switching directions ever few minutes. My circuit times change depending on my energy level - but I think I began at 3 minutes on, 1 minute off, with three rounds at each part of the circuit. During the minute off, I would do 10 push ups and 10 dips, and any extra time I had was mine to take a breather and a drink!

I always end my boxing workouts with an intense ab workout (pushing myself to my absolute limit, which isn't hard after such a difficult workout!). It always feels amazing to do a workout like that.

Obviously, boxing doesn't have to be that intense to get a good workout - but pushing yourself is key. If you're throwing wimpy punches, you're not getting much out of it. The timed circuits always worked out for me because I'd just tell myself I only have to push seconds longer until I get a break and I'm going to make those seconds count - and in the last 30 seconds of each round, I always push to use every ounce of energy left.

And Lisa, you're right - I am gorgeous now! I started pushing myself to eat healthy and exercise because I wanted to be fit, not because I was concerned with my looks (of course everyone loves to look great, but I'm not one to care all that much about what other people think of me). I found myself getting winded walking up stairs, and having trouble performing activities like I used to - and decided I had to take control before it got out of hand. Using my wedding as a 'deadline' was motivating to me. Setting a goal got me working out more often and helped me say no to tempting junk food. Now that my wedding has passed, I've set New Years as my new goal date to help keep myself from straying from my healthy habits. It feels so good to know that by New Years, I could be down to what I (and my doctor) consider to be a healthy weight for myself (by the way, did I mention I'm only 5 foot 2? If my numbers seem a little low - that's why!) It's just such a great feeling to exercise and finish off energized and upbeat, rather than collapsing on my couch halfway through a workout!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
You have a fantastic attitude, Kabes9, it's great to have you on board! Yes, so many injuries and problems arise from people having mobility and balance issues. It is so important for all of us to be fit, so that we can enjoy a long, healthy life. I'm sure we all want to be the 90 year old who is still out dancing and laughing and having fun - not the one bedridden in a nursing home staring at the fish tank!

I weighed in today at 133.8 pounds - so I'm starting to make progress! The key for me is to get even a little exercise in. I work from home and work on my computer so it is really easy to sit in a chair all day long and never move at all. That isn't good for any body smile

I have a dance-dance-revolution setup in the basement and now I have four different game discs for it, so bunches of songs to rotate through. I do about an hour. What's interesting is I had been doing it frequently back in the spring and then got distracted in the summer. When I started up again I was worried that I would have to go back to the super easy levels, but I actually can still do the medium level ones! So my body's endurance and everything actually held out pretty well. That's very encouraging for all of us - that if we get toned now, it will maintain for a while even if we have to take a break from our schedule smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Elephant
Elephant
good job lisa. I am now at 239.9. I have been a little more active this week and I think that helped;.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
A
A
so i just registered here tonight. I weighed in at 214.5 which is 10 pounds under my highest weight of 225. I;m starting to count carbs now to do something about it cuz these numbers are not ok with me! I;ve always been the heavy one though reaching over 150 in 7th grade. I graduated high school in 2005 at 180 and gained 34 pounds in the past 3 1/2 years because i moved out of my parents house so my diet has consisted of mcdonalds and taco bell! any advise or support would be greatly appreciated I'm new at this! I just decided not to settle anymore and do something about it!

ready to take control of my life!
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I'm still 133.8 today which is fine, weight loss goes through plateaus and then drops. Staying steady is much better than gaining! Yesterday I had my shake for breakfast, eggplant parm for lunch and then a turkey sandwich on low carb bread for dinner. One glass of wine. I am hoping to get in an hour of dancing today, we'll see if that happens.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jase - that's great, keep up the activity!

Ashley - welcome! Definitely fast food can be very bad for you - and expensive too! You save a lot of money and help your health by eating healthy meals you make yourself.

If you start with my 'two week start' articles -

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Low Carb Forum
Elephant
Elephant
it helps that it is in the 70's in NOVEMBER in Illinois this year. So still more active than when it gets cold. The boys (two chihuahuas) don't like to take as long of walks when it is cold even with their sweaters

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jase - is there anywhere indoor you can take them to walk around, any mall that allows pets or something like that? I always try to figure out my options!

Tonight I start my first swordfighting class, my new means of exercise (and something I've always wanted to do, to help write my medieval novels more authentically). I rode my exercise bike for a 1/2 hr yesterday to get ready. I'm actually only "spectating" today but I still wanted to do some working out in the hopes of meeting everyone looking at least like I wasn't going to fall over when I began actual training next week smile

Low Carb Forum
Elephant
Elephant
nope.. we are in the middle of nowhere. so outdoor is our only option. ;0(

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
time to start up a dog-owners club that meets at the local high school gym!

Low Carb Forum
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.