Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Greetings, everyone! We're going to do another weight loss contest for the month of November and EVERYONE can play. The thought is that many of us are going to be visiting friends and family for the holidays and we want to be as healthy as we can be for that! Also, we often need moral support to stick with a healthy eating plan when confused parents are pushing us to eat more mashed potatoes smile

The key here is to lose the weight HEALTHILY - through exercise, proper eating and drinking lots of water! We do NOT want you fasting or anything extreme. That will not result in long term weight loss or in a healthy body.

Start by posting your starting weight, whenever you choose to join us. If you are uncomfortable posting it here, email Lisa at lowcarb AT bellaonline.com and she'll keep track of it. Then we will see how loses the most pounds when we all re-weigh ourselves on November 30th! Whoever has lost the most will get a $50 Amazon gift certificate!!

You can join at any time starting now! Even if you join us a week or two into the challenge you could still win!

Just to start the ball rolling, I am currently 134.4 pounds. I gained weight when I was worn down recently and 1) stopped exercising and 2) was continually fed cream of wheat by my well meaning but clueless boyfriend smile

Last edited by Lisa Low Carb Ed; 10/29/08 06:49 PM.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
S
Hi All,

My weight as of this morning was 153.5 pounds. I started out last September 2007 at 261 pounds. I am almost to my goal weight of 145 pounds. Since I am planning on losing anyway, why not join the challenge and have some extra incentive? Good luck to all, November is a rough month.

Sue

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Put me in. I'm at 185 and still losing.... This will be a tough month but at least there's low fat egg nog, huh? I need you as my mentor Lisa. Help me!

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
Elephant
Elephant
I am in as well ;0)

I started losing October 2003 when I weighed 444.3 pounds.

As of 2 minutes ago when I weighed myself I was 243.6 pounds.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Elephant
Elephant
I gained about 10 pounds in the last month due to;

1. Working too much
2. not excercising as much
3. eatting out more instead of preparing my meals.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I am 132 as of this morning. Now off to see my twistboard and watch some Biggest Loser Aus on youtube!

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Originally Posted By: Jase - GLBT Relationships
I gained about 10 pounds in the last month due to;

1. Working too much
2. not excercising as much
3. eatting out more instead of preparing my meals.

Stop eating out Jase. I know its addictive and quick but it will mess your waistline up man.... Hang in there.

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Originally Posted By: Jilly
I am 132 as of this morning. Now off to see my twistboard and watch some Biggest Loser Aus on youtube!

Jilly, what are you doing in here but making me mad mad but with incentive and a smile. smile I used to be around that weight before the children smirk then I got back to that weight and gained weight all over again once I became an at home mom and the finale, surgery last year. I was down for awhile (several months) and had to slowly get back into exercise. I'm just now starting to be able (as of June this year) to do sit-ups again.

Okay, okay, stay in here and keep me grounded. I would love to get back to that weight. You can be my incentive. Do you mind?

Last edited by Kimmie08; 10/29/08 10:10 PM.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I know November can be tough and not only that but we haven't hit Halloween yet! That is why having friends around to talk with can be so critical, to get past those rough days.

For Halloween there are a TON of sugar free chocolates that are REALLY delicious. If you *must* have chocolate on Halloween, go out tomorrow and stock up on the sugar free kinds. That way you can indulge and not have it affect your weight smile

Just two more days and Halloween will be a thing of the past!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
T
T
I'm in! I just weighed myself (ugh) and am at 170 lbs. I'm 5'10" and my goal weight is 150 lbs. I was at 150 last Spring then I went through some life changes (divorce, relocation) and ignored my restricted carb eating habits and exercise and gained 20 lbs. in the process. It's time to get back on track. I'm glad to see this forum because I need support! Good luck to everyone!

TJ

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.