Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I am at 134 and did a full hour of dancing tonight.

Jilly - I know you like your wine but try cutting alcohol out of your diet for 2 weeks straight. You might be amazed at what a difference it makes. When I did that, that's when I lost 10 pounds smile Of course you may decide for yourself that you'll be happy at 132 and drinking wine, but it's fascinating to see how alcohol affects you.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Originally Posted By: Lynn_B
Well, I was actually doing pretty well - rolling right along with you guys. Walking every day and riding the stationary bike. Spent last Saturday out at the local air base watching the air show - love the Blue Angels! - and popped my left knee out of socket (happens now and again--loose joint). Its back in place now, but have to go for an MRI Monday to see what sort of soft damage I've done this time. I'll catch up with you guys again after Thanksgiving, hopefully. Meantime, I'll just work on the arms and abs.

Hang in there Lynn and feel better. Working that upper body is a good idea. Afterall, its the body part that shows the fastest improvement opposed to the rest of the body. So go for it.

I'll give my weigh in by the end of the week. Good luck everyone.

Last edited by Kimmie08; 11/10/08 12:57 PM.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
Elephant
Elephant
231.6 I am SHOCKED ;0)

I didn't cheat on saturday because my friend ended up not coming LOL

I have added healthy snacking alternatives to my diet and switched to a lesser calorie drinking option, sweet iced tea made with natural sugar substitute and splenda. Works out to be about 10 calories per serving... not bad. And by serving I mean litre ;0)

I have water bottles (1 litre) that i wash and reuse every day. They make me drink my needed water and I am less headachy (none but the sinus ones now) and my skin is even better. I had been having issues recently but once I added the right about of water my skin issues started clearing up a lot. Now I am using my normal facial regiment and my skin is cleared up. My lips are less chapped, and I notice my skin is also less dry.

Keep up the work ladies

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
224- Only a 2 lb loss, but then again better than a 2 lb gain.
Everyone is doing great, keep up the good work!
Holidays are gonna be tough for some of us wink

Rosie L
Ok, i'm in. I'm at 258. This is great. Every year at the gym i'm at they have a 3 month competition with the chance to win a nice HD television. This year is my year to win it. This will get me prepped. You folk are awesome!

Beasthunt, we want to welcome you to the forum, and wish you lots of luck with your competition, Nice TV wink

Rosie L
K
K
Hey everyone! I've been working hard the last two weeks, eating healthy - and getting in a workout almost everyday for about an hour average. I've been doing a variety of workouts - yoga, cardio, weight lifting, kickboxing, abdominal workouts, etc. I'm down to 166 right now - lost two pounds. Not as much as I expected, but it is late in the day, so that number may be off, as I weighed myself in the morning last time.

I found a new favorite breakfast food that I thought I'd share with everyone too. It's quick and easy in the morning, and healthy too! If you love McDonalds Parfaits, you'll love this!!

I buy one of those big containers of Dannon Light and Fit vanilla flavored yogurt, and a frozen package of mixed berries fruit (I use store brand). In a glass bowl with a tupperware lid (any tupperware would probably work), I put a layer of yogurt, a layer of fruit, then another layer of yogurt. My glass bowls are 1 cup, which seems to be the perfect serving size for me. Toss it in the fridge, and by morning the fruit will be perfectly defrosted and ready to eat.

I like to make a few at a time - and find they last about 3-4 days before the fruit juice starts seeping into the yogurt too much for my liking. I also sometimes top the yogurt with granola, or some other types of cereal when I'm in the mood for a crunch. And, while it's my favorite breakfast food, I will admit that I do grab them quite often throughout the day too - especially since I always make them ahead of time.

Enjoy!!

Anyone have any other favorite healthy food ideas?

Way to go Kabes, keep up the good work, The rewards last a life time!
Rosie

Rosie L
K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
I hope everyone is holding to their own specific goals. I'm at 180. laugh and doing well.
I've got my head into this goal for Christmas and by that I mean, I have increased workouts and included weights with healthy eating. Everytime, I see something sweet, for the first time, it doesn't tempt me like it used too.

It's like once you see yourself dropping inches and pounds, you don't wanna mess up what you've worked so hard to accomplish.

I don't know about you all but it hurts so much to get into shape. My muscles were aching the other day but it was a good hurt not a "you've done too much" pain.

Yes, I do plan to eat Thanksgiving dinner but in a saucer and with loads of veggies and Turkey. Very little starches and carbs.

What about you all? How will you try to maintain during the biggest eat day of the year?

Last edited by Kimmie08; 11/20/08 12:17 PM.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
T
T
Just checking in...
I have been doing pretty good on my weight loss...lost 6 lbs. since Nov. 1st smile. Slow and steady as she goes...LOL

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.