logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
The inside of the diner remains unchanged, as hard as that is for the returning group to believe. Mike still stands behind the counter, fiddling with his battery powered radio.

Nothing but static issues from it. He looks up at the group.

"Any luck?" he asks.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Larry carries Ray into the diner, and sits her in a booth. He sits next to her, propping her up with his body.

"Get us some coffee, Mike," he says, "and if you have anything stronger to put in it, bring that too."

Mike pours some coffee and brings it over, along with an unmarked bottle.

"What happened out there?" he asks.

Larry shakes his head. "Either the government is using us for a test ground, or Jacob was right, and it's the last days."

Larry puts Ray's hands around the warm cup of coffee, and pours in a liberal shot from the bottle Mike brought. "Drink this, Ray, it'll help."

Amoeba
Amoeba
Derek walks in behind Larry. He looks at Ray, "What happened to her?"

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?
Gecko
Gecko
Ray clings to Larry as he carries her and whimpers, resting against him. When she feels the warmth of the cup in her hands, she seems to relax a little bit and lifts it to her lips taking a deep drink of it. "Thank you, Larry...and Mike? It's terrible! That's all I can really say...you'll have to ask the others for what they saw. Something about a lighthouse or something. I don't know, I just know that I've become very interesting to something and I can't get rid of it!" She gives another whimper and lifts the coffee to her lips, trembling slightly and sitting very close to Larry.

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
"[Kryssie] plans to take over the world one banner at a time"
J
JRH Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
John follows Derek walking in the diner and plops on one of the diner stools staring at the counter for a moment trying to understand what he just saw in the water. He then shakes it off knowing for the time being they are safe. He then takes out his gun and begins to dismantle it to check if the water had done any permenant damage to it. [Would the car that John drove in be where ever they are now? Since he pulled up to the diner?]

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
[Yes, the diner has a parking lot in front. There are currently three cars and a tow truck parked out front. The gun looks okay, but could use a cleaning.]

Mike looks with some alarm at the gun that John starts to dismantle.

"What did you all see out there?" he asks.

"Mutated squid," Larry says, "or a demon from Hell. Take your pick." He shakes his head.

Gecko
Gecko
Ray murmurs softly, "...my vote is with demon from Hell...I can't see it, but it's talking to me..." She snuggles a little closer to Larry.

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
"[Kryssie] plans to take over the world one banner at a time"
Amoeba
Amoeba
Derek frowns and keeps looking at Ray. The gears in his head are turning. Eventually he sits down in an empty chair and takes out his folding knife, twirling it with his fingers.

Without looking up he asks, "Hey Mike, you keep and guns around here? Or know anyone that does?"

Last edited by Derek Icelord; 10/28/08 06:49 PM.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?
J
JRH Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
John leaves the diner and heads to his car and pops open the trunk and grabs some dry clothes and his gun cleaning kit. He also grabs a magnum that he keeps in the trunk and grabs two boxes of bullets one for his magnum and the other for his glock. [The glock is what he has been using the entire time so far] Before he closes the trunk he almost forgets to grab a couple of empty magazines for each gun, he grabs them and closes the trunk and heads back into the diner. John sets the equipment next to his dismantled gun and without saying a word heads into the bathroom to change clothes. [The clothes are a simple red shirt and pair of blue jeans and some simple sneakers.]

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Originally Posted By: Derek Icelord
Derek frowns and keeps looking at Ray. The gears in his head are turning. Eventually he sits down in an empty chair and takes out his folding knife, twirling it with his fingers.

Without looking up he asks, "Hey Mike, you keep and guns around here? Or know anyone that does?"

Mike heads over to the counter and grabs a shotgun he'd had stashed behind it.

"This ain't the city," he says, "everyone out here has something at home to use for protection."

Originally Posted By: JRH
John leaves the diner and heads to his car and pops open the trunk and grabs some dry clothes and his gun cleaning kit. He also grabs a magnum that he keeps in the trunk and grabs two boxes of bullets one for his magnum and the other for his glock. [The glock is what he has been using the entire time so far] Before he closes the trunk he almost forgets to grab a couple of empty magazines for each gun, he grabs them and closes the trunk and heads back into the diner. John sets the equipment next to his dismantled gun and without saying a word heads into the bathroom to change clothes. [The clothes are a simple red shirt and pair of blue jeans and some simple sneakers.]

"And apparently our friend has extras," Mike says. He sits down on top of a table, making sure he has a good view of the front windows.

"I don't know exactly what you all saw out there, but I think it's time I told you what I know." He holds up a hand. "It isn't much, but I'm here because my father was in World War 2, and at the end of it he was assigned to live here and run this diner."

"Apparently," he continues, "in the 30s the government got wind of something going on in Abramton. Devil worship, cult type of stuff. It was bad enough they came in with troops and leveled the town, doing everything but erasing it from the maps."

"Dad was put here to give word if anyone came around and tried to start anything up again. He collected a monthly government check for running the diner, and when he died I took over."

"When the pink skies showed up, I tried to call the number they'd given me, but there wasn't a connection."

He looks out the window at the light shining in. "I wish I knew more, but that's it."

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Leif - Role Playing Games 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.