logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Jacob stirs, and looks up. "We should fight the servants of evil, and cleanse the Earth! Else we will burn in eternal hellfire!"

Larry shakes his head.

"Didn't do so well with that, did you" Larry glances at Ray. "We need to stay together, but I'd agree with knife-boy there, if it comes to a siege, the diner isn't the place to be."

"Well," Mike says, "the gas station and my house are the only other places around, unless we head to one of the farms."

"We're in Hell," Jacob says, "the farms are nowhere to be found." Clarissa looks up from her notebook.

"He's right," she says, "about the farms at least. Past where the road ended, the landscape looked different, changed. If we're going to run, we'll need to try heading north, or find a boat."

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
"I said we, lady. Stick together but not here."

Derek frowns at the news, "[censored]. If we go, I say north. I ain't to keen on the idea of going out to sea again."

He looks at Mike, "How far's the station? Maybe something there we can use. If nothing else, a bit of gas might come in handy for burning things."

Last edited by Derek Icelord; 11/03/08 01:18 AM.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?
J
JRH Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
John thinks for a moment "Yeah....it might be best if we do make a run to the north." So it's agreed then we all head north right?

Gecko
Gecko
Ray frowns and clings to Larry's arm, whispering, "...If we're going to die, I'd rather be some place familiar..." She releases the death-grip on Larry's arm and takes up her coffee again, finishing it. She nudges Larry a little to move, then takes her cup back to the kitchen, trying to get back to routine. "...water, anyone? Coffee? Tea?" She gives a weak smile, her face looking in Derek's direction.

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
"[Kryssie] plans to take over the world one banner at a time"
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Originally Posted By: Kryssie - This Date
Ray frowns and clings to Larry's arm, whispering, "...If we're going to die, I'd rather be some place familiar..." She releases the death-grip on Larry's arm and takes up her coffee again, finishing it.

"We're not going to die, Ray," Larry says firmly. "This might be the government, might be cults, might just be a bad piece of apple pie rumblin' around in my gut while I sleep, but we'll be okay."

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Originally Posted By: Derek Icelord

He looks at Mike, "How far's the station? Maybe something there we can use. If nothing else, a bit of gas might come in handy for burning things."

"Station's just across the road," Mike says, "you probably passed it on your way in, but I don't run the lights there. Locals know to come to the diner to get the keys to the pumps."

He walks to the counter, leans over it and grabs some keys. He turns around and tosses them to Derek.

"Help yourself to gas, there's a few cans in the station office."

"If we're going to head north," Larry says, "we'd better figure out what vehicles we can use. I walked here, so did Jacob, and Ray's Dad usually drops her off and picks her up."

Clarissa raises a hand. "I've got a rental in the parking lot, it'll fit four plus some supplies."

Mike nods. "I have a pickup back at the house, just behind the diner."

Amoeba
Amoeba
Derek catches the keys and heads over to the station.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?
Gecko
Gecko
Ray stands behind the counter, wiping it down, repeatedly. She looks tense and nervous. "...what if Dad's caught up in all this...?" she murmurs, idly. Finally she lifts her head and looks over in Jacob's direction, "Do you need anything, sweetie? Water? Tea? ...shot o' whiskey?"

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Originally Posted By: Kryssie - This Date
Ray stands behind the counter, wiping it down, repeatedly. She looks tense and nervous. "...what if Dad's caught up in all this...?" she murmurs, idly. Finally she lifts her head and looks over in Jacob's direction, "Do you need anything, sweetie? Water? Tea? ...shot o' whiskey?"

"Coffee would be fine, Miss Ray," Jacob says.

Gecko
Gecko
Nervously, she grabs the coffee pot and pours the coffee for Jacob, then navigates over to him with a smile. "Here ya go, sweetie. D'ya need anything else? How 'bout you, hun?" she speaks to Clarissa.

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Leif - Role Playing Games 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.