Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
Some of the kids in our neighborhood are dressing up as Spiderman, Batman, Cowgirl, and various Star Wars characters. I love seeing how excited everyone is about Halloween, and hope the weather cooperates.

Does anyone dress up their pets? I'm afraid the minute I tried to dress up my dog, the costume would end up in his mouth! grin

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
My beagle, Baxter, is a wizard this Halloween. Last Halloween he was Frankenstein. I took him to the Halloween part for dogs at PetSMART and he got his picture taken and put into a big orange pumpkin frame. They also included a cute pumpkin tag for his collar -- all for $6 dollars. Great people refreshments too!
Sheryl

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
Parakeet
Parakeet
I don't buy costumes but they are allowed to use stuff they find around the house to dress up. Usually they are scary. It varies. When I get home I'll put up a picture.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
Hi Sheryl and Stephanie!

Sheryl, I love your dog's costume ideas. Do you have any pictures to share?

I wanted to take our dog to the PetSmart here for the same thing, but he gets very car sick. Not the best thing for a cute picture, as he looks similar to sick.

Stephanie, we used to use many things from around the house as well. One year my friend and I were Raggedy Ann and Andy, and another year I was a robot. I took a large cardboard box, covered it with tin foil, and decorated with construction paper circles and squares. The only problem was the box was so wide it made holding the trick or treat bag open quiet difficult, lol!

Let�s start a Halloween picture parade on this topic�post your kids, pets, or yourselves decked out in Halloween style! cool

Last edited by Cooking For Kids Editor; 10/17/08 04:20 PM.
C
C
Hi- I have three year old twins and my daughter decided she wanted to be syrup for Halloween. I made her a Mrs. Butterworth costume and her brother is going to be a waffle. I'm going to try and figure out how to post pix so I can share them.

****Beauty is self acceptance****
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Stubborn! My grandson cannot make up his mind what he wants to be in spite of all our great ideas. Soon, I am sure he will come up with a great idea of his own. His dog always goes trick-or-treating with him and his Mom. The dog wears a little witches hat and cape and does not at all mind - in fact, I think he kind of thinks he is rather cute! He does get a few doggie treats from other dog owners because he is so polite and tail waggy!

Last edited by Phyllis, BellaEd; 10/17/08 04:54 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Koala
Koala
I really prefer that the kids just use whatever is around the house for their costumes, but that doesn't always work.

My DS is going as a ninja. He was a ninja last year and a cross between dracua and a ninja the year before. He's 9 and into this whole martial arts thing. Had to buy a costume this year as he's just about outgrown everything he owns.

My DD (now 3) is going as a fairy princess. We picked up some cheap wings and a wand to go along with the costume she used for her ballet recital in the spring.

We're leaving the dog alone. She is a chewer and she'd probably eat whatever costume we tried to put her in.

A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
Hi Cartsyd! Syrup and a waffle for Halloween costumes are two of cutest and most creative ideas I�ve heard! I bet your kids look absolutely precious! Here is how you can post a picture:

When you click on reply, you can insert an image by clicking on the 4th box (just below all of the posting icons or faces). When you scroll over it with the mouse, it�ll say �Enter an image.�

If you already have the pictures on a blog or photo sharing sight, you can insert a link to the website by clicking on the 2nd box under the posting icons.

Let me know if you have any trouble!

Phyllis, that is so cute about your grandson�s dog going trick or treating with him! I remember having tough times deciding on what to be for Halloween�if only that�s all I had to worry about now, lol!

Lynn, I�m glad I�m not the only one with a dog who would prefer to eat the costume instead of wear it!

That�s a great idea about using the ballet recital outfit�isn�t it nice to get more than one use out of it? smile

A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
We've put out some fun Halloween decorations in our front yard. I'll get some pictures tonight when they are lit up and post them here.

Has anyone else put out decorations outside? Let's see some pictures! smile

My brother is so good at decorating for Halloween and his front yard is so cute. I will see if I can get a good picture of it for you.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.