logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 25 1 2 23 24 25
Our frogs were doing well but for the last four or five days one of our girls does not seem to be doing well. She's staying up at the surface constantly now, often nudging herself against the filter for balance and just sitting there. Her skin is grey like she needs to shed but she doesn't shed and I haven't seen her eating or doing much of anything else which is quite concerning. On some angles she looks a little bit bloated but not significantly (could be the glass distortion) but we did notice tonight when looking at her closely, some minor redness in the webbing of her rear feet - almost like tiny broken capilliaries or something? Of course that may have always been there it's just right now we're so worried and of course, she's pretty sedentary so we can get a closer look than normal.

We had our water tested and everything looks great there and the other two frogs seem to be fine. The only other issue is the heat. It has been hot (high 80s/90s) recently here and their tank fluctuates between 78-84 which we were worried about. We moved them into the spare bathroom as we can keep the temp. down a little to 82 at the worst stage but again, the other two are doing fine and the folks at the pet store said the heat shouldn't be bothering them.

Just checked on her and she's "free floating" around, skimming the surface and hubby says her little feed almost bleeding in the webbing and definitely something new.

The only other thing that one other is doing is shooting up for air repeatedly (but later calms down).

Ack...any advice would be grateful.

Also, if we do need to euthenize her (which I hope we do not but if she's suffering I can't stand by and do nothing either) is it true, bagging her in a small baggie with a little water and putting her in the freezer is the kindest way (rather than depriving her of air and freezing her)?

Boy oh boy, have we had some rotten luck with ADFs. Poor little things.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Nah, don't think of doing her in just yet...lol...try cooling the water down with an ice cube and see what she does.
-OR-
Put her in her own little bowl with plenty of hidy places for her and keep her water extra clean with daily water changes. You may want to put one of the others in with her so she doesn't feel so alone and stress out.

I would say it has something to do with the water even though the others seem to be o.k...they may just be less sensitive but if something's wrong they will eventually show signs too.....have you checked the PH ? Did you recently do a water change ? Do you add water conditioner and if so..is it possible a bit too much got in the mix ? I only ask that because it happened to me once..I added stuff from the wrong bottle and ended up puting in "Easy Balance" instead of the water conditioner....I ended up eventually loosing the betta..and he was my favorite !!

Hope she pulls through ok for you Ash !

Page 25 of 25 1 2 23 24 25

Moderated by  Mary_Betta_Fish 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.