Print Thread
S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
What's the best Halloween costume you've seen or worn?

Minnie Mouse!

Pam W
SE of Seattle

Halloween Safety Tips for Children with Disabilities
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by SNC_Editor_Pam; 10/07/08 04:49 PM.

Pamela Wilson - Children with Special Needs Editor
Visit the Children with Special Needs Website
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
My son (the one with Asperger's) has actually spent almost $200 on his costume this year.

He has been saving up for it all year long - his own money.

At first I was having a heart attack about it, but this is something that he really gets into.

It is a character from his favorite Manga, Naruto called Pein (pronounced pain).

We had to orer the costume from China, and we ordered some of those Wild Eyes contacts to complete the costume. Plus I am handmaking some fake peircings because one of the major hallmarks of this character is peircings all over his face.

He is going to look amazing and he is really excited about it!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
Originally Posted By: SNC_Editor_Pam

Minnie Mouse!

Originally Posted By: ChelleLaunch&Spirituality
My son (the one with Asperger's) has actually spent almost $200 on his costume this year.

He has been saving up for it all year long - his own money.

At first I was having a heart attack about it, but this is something that he really gets into.

It is a character from his favorite Manga, Naruto called Pein (pronounced pain).

We had to order the costume from China, and we ordered some of those Wild Eyes contacts to complete the costume. Plus I am handmaking some fake piercings because one of the major hallmarks of this character is piercings all over his face.

He is going to look amazing and he is really excited about it!

That is so cool - I love the imagination and creativity that goes into Manga characters. My son's most elaborate costumes were bought at after-Halloween clearance sales or are left-overs from plays. It was just a few years ago he started saving up for items from the WWE gift shop and Star Trek - The Experience in Las Vegas. One of his friends from preschool grew up to be a wonderful seamstress who created her own costumes for Star Wars/ Anime conventions. He takes credit for her interest because his birthday is October 31st and we've always enjoyed costume parties. My son loves masks.

I have been seeing more of those Wild Eyes contacts every year. I don't think that company was included in the FDA warning, was it? I put a link to it at the Safety Tips article I wrote last week.

Serious Risks of Using Decorative Contact Lenses FDA Warning
BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
We went through our eye doctor to get these contacts.

We could have ordered them on-line, and it would have been a little less expensive - but I felt better knowing it was a company our doc worked with. Plus I know that the prescription is right this way and he'll be able to SEE on Halloween night.

And we had a VERY lengthy talk about not sharing contacts. That is one of the biggest factors in these Crazy Eys/ Wild Eyes contacts getting infections. Teens (especially) will share and trade the contacts so they can see what they look like. Michael thankfully is a bit germaphobic - so this is really not much of a problem for him. Plus with it being prescription, no one else will be able to see out of them anyway!

I always do the kids' makeup. I've done stage makeup since I was in high school. So there's no worry about infection there either. I'm meticulous (nicer word than picky, LOL!)

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
Originally Posted By: ChelleLaunch&Spirituality
We went through our eye doctor to get these contacts.

We could have ordered them on-line, and it would have been a little less expensive - but I felt better knowing it was a company our doc worked with. Plus I know that the prescription is right this way and he'll be able to SEE on Halloween night.

And we had a VERY lengthy talk about not sharing contacts. That is one of the biggest factors in these Crazy Eys/ Wild Eyes contacts getting infections. Teens (especially) will share and trade the contacts so they can see what they look like. Michael thankfully is a bit germaphobic - so this is really not much of a problem for him. Plus with it being prescription, no one else will be able to see out of them anyway!

I always do the kids' makeup. I've done stage makeup since I was in high school. So there's no worry about infection there either. I'm meticulous (nicer word than picky, LOL!)

Sharing contacts! Argh! The thought never crossed my mind - but now that you mention it, I think that would be something some teens might not think twice about.

I was thinking that Wild Eyes might be easier to find if they go on holiday with gravity on a counter or sink - do they come in singles as disposables that last for a certain length of time?

Oh... never mind - I'm embarrassed to admit I don't have pierced ears and have never worn contacts, have to stick to my specs.

:-)

And now, back to the game - favorite costumes! hahaha!

Pam W
SE of Seattle

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
I love the Halloween hoodies featured on a recent Martha Stewart TV episode - made with fabric glue, no sewing! They are at MarthaStewart.com - a Princess and Frog Prince, Little Red Riding Hood and Big Bad Wolf, Shark and Bat were on the show. Very cute and nice details. Check 'em out at Martha Stewart Halloween Hoodies

There is also an article and pattern for 'The Greatest Capes' for a Prince of Rock 'n' Roll costume, His and Her Royal Highness, Matador, Glamour Girls Costumes, Magician Cape, as well as the Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf Costumes.

:-)

Pam W
SE of Seattle

Originally Posted By: SNC_Editor_Pam

Minnie Mouse!

Pam W
SE of Seattle

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art58864.asp

Costumes for Children with Special Needs
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art36415.asp

Last edited by SNC_Editor_Pam; 10/16/08 05:21 PM.

Moderated by  SNC_Editor_Pam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.