logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Shark
Shark
Paperback,

Bylen again gives a good list of considerations and unfortunately it sometimes takes a process of elimination to arrive at a more definitive diagnosis, especially if it is CFS causing your fatigue.
Helicobacter Pylori infection symptoms can include fatigue according to many sources out there but especially true if it has caused ulcers and/or anemia.
Hashimoto's thyroiditis can be present even when thyroid antibodies tests are very low positive or even negative and can only be diagnosed in these cases with a tissue biopsy called "Fine Needle Aspiration" (FNA). The reason labs have a range that goes up a bit before having a high-normal cut-off is because people can have TPO and/or TG antibodies present but they never reach a level that can cause thyroid tissue damage or inflammation (Hashimoto's). Other people have abnormal tissue texture picked up on thyroid ultrasound (echo-texture) even when TPO & TG ABs are negative and Hashimoto's is diagnosed but FNA is the most diagnostic for it.
Another virus you might to have lab test ordered for is the EBV (Epstein-Barr Virus), which can be found in high titers in the blood of people with CFS.
I have CFS comorbid to my thyroid disease and was found to have high EBV in my blood ("218" Range: <20).
Yet one more suggestion I might add is being tested for Mitral Valve Prolapse, a common heart murmur that is notorious for causing fatigue. If you commonly feel palpitations like rapid heart (tachycardia), skips or flutters, this is a possibility. Some Dr.s are good at detecting it with stethoscope but some cases can only be detected by echocardiogram. With MVP, some people have fatigue, dizzyness when first standing and other signs that their involuntary nervous system is dysfunctioning. They call this dysautonomia and has been associated with CFS in med studies. They sometimes give patients a tilt-table test to detect postural hypotension (sudden drops in BP with changes in body position), also called orthostatic hypotension. If it's present they sometimes refer to it as Mitral Valve Prolapse Dysautonomia or Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome.
I hope these aren't too many suggestions but as you go through the diagnostic process, they are things to consider and discuss with your Doc if the fatigue problem continues to be elusive as to cause.

Last edited by JimLow - Thyroid Health; 10/15/08 01:30 PM.

Jim Lowrance
Thyroid Health
Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
OP Offline
P
Hey, Yeah hopefully my endo has answers. A doctor once told me I had a Mitral Valve Prolapse but didn't do any real testing and told me it wasn't a big deal. What is the treatment for this?

Shark
Shark
paperback,

Here are some of my articles on the MVP subject:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Jim Lowrance
Thyroid Health
G
G
Awww Paperback i wish i was there to give you a (((((BIG HUG)))). I know what you are going though because i've been through it. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's nearly 4 years ago and in IMHO, if you are symptomatic, which is indicated by your posts, then you need to be on meds, there is no reason why you shoud have to suffer when the availability of medications is out there.
My story is quite long.I will tell yoi if you want to know.

Shark
Shark
gtnmylifeback62,

Feel free to tell us your story, we enjoy these and can learn from them.

Here's the link to the thread you can post your story and upon doing so you'll bump the topic up so your post is viewed by members.

Click here>>BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Jim Lowrance
Thyroid Health
G
G
Great idea, Jim! A lot of times i'm bored on my days off, i'll soon use one of those days to do just that, thank you!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.