P
Female 24 very tired.

DHEA - 507 HIGH
BIOTIN VIT B7 - 179 LOW
H. PYLORI - 1.28 HIGH
VITAMIN D- 15.7 LOW
TSH is 2.155 (ref 0.450-4.500)
T3 Uptake is 28 (Ref 24-39)
Free Thyroxine Index is 2.5 (ref 1.2-4.9)
Antithyroglobulin AB 20 (ref 0-40)
Thyroid Peroxidase TPO 10 (ref 0-34)
Thyroxine (T4) 8.9 (ref 4.5-12)
Ferritin 14
FSH Serum 1.1
Antinuclear Antibodies Direct 22
hCG Beta subunit Qnt Serum 2
LH 2.3
Prolactin 7.0

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
Dorothy Parker
B
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
B
DHEA - 507 HIGH Dehydropiandrosterone -The precursor to estrogen and testosterone. Measures adrenal gland function and follicle abnormalities. But lifestyle, such as diet and exercise can affect the results.

BIOTIN VIT B7 - 179 LOW- One of the vit. B's. Produced by bacteria aiding in digestion. Probably a test done in connection with the H. Pylori test. Can be low in conditions causing a decrease in absorbtion of nutrients.

H. PYLORI - 1.28 HIGH- The bactieria that causes stomach problems like reflux and ulcers. They make antibiotics for this now.

VITAMIN D- 15.7 LOW- two types make up the D vitamins. D2 is derived from plants (eating veggies) and D3 is absorbed from the sun. defficiencies can be found in several conditions, including nutrient absorption problems in the stomach and intestines and lack of sunlight. 15 minutes a day/ twice a week in direct sunlight is enough to produce adequate amounts of Vit. D.

Thyroid function tests
TSH is 2.155 (ref 0.450-4.500) -
T3 Uptake is 28 (Ref 24-39) -
Free Thyroxine Index is 2.5 (ref 1.2-4.9)
Antithyroglobulin AB 20 (ref 0-40)
Thyroid Peroxidase TPO 10 (ref 0-34)
Thyroxine (T4) 8.9 (ref 4.5-12)

Ferritin 14- iron content.... checks for anemia. Iron is absorbed from food nutrients and stored in the body in a bound state called ferritin.measuring the ferritin, measures the iron. A low level is an indication of iron deficiency anemia.

FSH Serum 1.1- Follicle stimulating hormone ( the hormone that causes the growth of follicles (eggs in the ovaries)

Antinuclear Antibodies Direct 22- Detects a bodies tendancy to autoimmune diseases like Lupus, rhumatoid arthritis etc... diseases where the body sees and attacks part of it's own system as if it is foreign. It is not specific to one disease but is basically measuring the inflamation production by the body.

hCG Beta subunit Qnt Serum 2 - pregnancy test. > 5 is possitive

LH 2.3 - Lutinizing hormone- works in conjunction with FSH for ovulation. FSH matures the follicles(egg) and LH releases the egg from the ovary.

Prolactin 7.0 - another female hormone- also called LTH or luteotropic hormone. It is stimulated by breastfeeding and causes production of milk. It is produced in the pituitary gland but is controled by the hypothalmus. It is tested along with thyroid tests, and in menstrual or sexual dysfunction. it supresses the production of FSH and LH.

Hope this helps

P
OP Offline
P
Wow guys thanks for responding. Any idea why the thyroids are off? I've been told it's probably Hoshimotos or that I'm hypo

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Paperback, welcome to the forum!

Rosie L
P
OP Offline
P
hey thanks!

B
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
B

Hi Paperback:

I think you will find this site very interesting, and I think it will explain why your doctor has ordered these tests and what he is looking for.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Shark
Shark
Paperback,

You've gotten good replies explaining the tests and what they may indicate. Do you have a normal value (reference range) for that ANA result?
Labs vary in their ranges and use different units of measurement. As bylen shared in her quoted lab info, ANa can detect systemic autoimmunity, including the diseases her info listed. I've seen labs use <40 as the normal range, so anything below 40 was not positive for possible systemic autoimmunity.
Your ferritin level is too low and most Dr.s like to see patients at mid-range or above, on up to higher normal, which for females is about 150 and a result of 75 would be mid-range. Ferritin helps iron work in the body, so can go low for quite some time before the actual onset of anemia. Your Dr. may want you to supplement with iron and/or ferritin (ferrous sulfate).

Your thyroid labs don't indicate a problem at this point. Your thyroid antibodies show the presense of them but are not high enough to indicate thyroid autoimmunity. In my opinion, you need these retested along with your other thyroid labs in 4 to 6 months to make sure you're not developing thyroid disease.

Also with your fatigue symptom, in my opinion, a CBC (Complete Blood count) and glucose level test (to check for diabetes or insulin resistence/impaired glucose tolerance) would be important. I also feel a test of vitamin B-12 level is important as well, to rule out pernicious anemia.

It's good to see you on board at the forum, please continue to ask questions and comment as much as you like. We all learn from one another's experiences here.

Jim Lowrance
Thyroid Health
P
OP Offline
P
I had a cbc that was fine nothing flagged. Glucose I haven't quite done yet. In another forum they said this was most likely hashimotos. I'm so incredibly debilitated I feel like I can hardly move. If I had to wait 6 months for an answer I would check myself into a hospital. All I can do is lay here. I'm so tired for no reason. It's been this way for 12 months now. I'm at my wits end with this.

B
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
B
it could be hashimotos, but it could also be Chronic fatigue syndrome or Fibromyalgia, Lyme disease... or blood sugar, or.. jeesh many things. Chronic tiredness is a common symptom of many things, even allergies.
I once had severe tiredness for many months, stopped eating and lost a lot of weight. I had chronic tonsilitis. After my surgery my health and energy recovered. Tiredness is a hard symptom to diagnose.

The thing that stands out to me in your lab test is that most things are normal except things that can be affected by absorbtion problems or diet.
Some examples that come to mind are strenous diet, bypass surgery, alcoholic drinks, poor diet, recent pregnancy, bulemia and anorexia
I am not sure if H. Pylori can also cause that, maybe Jim knows the answer to that.
I agree... I'd deffinitly want a B12 and blood sugar done.
Your Doctor didn't do a Chemistry profile too by any chance did he?
The only one who can diagnose you is your Doctor. He knows your history and is able to do a physical exam.

Feel better soon Paper smile

Bylen

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.