logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
rdywenur #466211 11/06/08 02:34 PM
Gecko
Gecko
If you want to, it's your choice smile You don't have to look at First Lady Obama , it's a choice.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
H
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
H
It's amazing to me how nasty some people are willing to be... They spend so much time talking about making a Stronger America, then spend the rest of their time trying to discredit and tear down the people who are most visible to the rest of the world.

Unbelievable.

And, BTW, at what point did what you wear and what you look like become more important than what kind of person you are in politics. Movies, I can see. Theatre, of course. TV shows, right on. Politics? Come on.

I want the person who will do the country the most good -- not the person who can sell the most fashionable clothes.

Cindy Kessler
History Website
K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Thank you Cindy for saying that. Just goes to show you the pettiness in people. Free your mind and read into hers, Michelle Obama's that is and see if you (the complainers) can find anything else to throw out in judgment other than her apparel.

So what you hated it....And?

Last edited by Kimmie08; 11/06/08 08:54 PM.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
Gecko
Gecko
Originally Posted By: History Cindy
It's amazing to me how nasty some people are willing to be... They spend so much time talking about making a Stronger America, then spend the rest of their time trying to discredit and tear down the people who are most visible to the rest of the world.

Unbelievable.

And, BTW, at what point did what you wear and what you look like become more important than what kind of person you are in politics. Movies, I can see. Theatre, of course. TV shows, right on. Politics? Come on.

I want the person who will do the country the most good -- not the person who can sell the most fashionable clothes.

Give me a break. How the heck do you think Obama was elected in the first place. If you saw neither and just heard what they each had to say or read it in the papers it would be a different story. McCain acted old looked old and with his quirky manners next to Obama did not stand a chance. You may not think it is not what you saw or how it happened but subconciously this is what you choose. If you know anything about human nature you would know this. (you just won't admit it)

rdywenur #466391 11/07/08 03:40 AM
S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
Originally Posted By: rdywenur
Now that she will be first lady and Sarah no longer needs her wardrobe maybe she can sell it to her. It's quite obvious she has no taste in clothes from what she wore Nov 4th. (and her other outfits also) She is in desperate need of some style help and a makeover. Where were the Fashion Patrol. That red dress looked like (?#@%^&*) ...

Oh, you silly thing. One daughter was wearing red, the other black, so of course Michelle was wearing the perfect dress - both colors. She looked beautiful and timeless, and I will always remember how wonderful they looked in those first few minutes I realized that they will be our new First Family of the USA.

And she has already been asked what her plans as First Lady would be:

Quote:
..."My first job ... is going to continue to be 'mom-in-chief,'" she said in a recent magazine interview referring to daughters Malia, 10, and Sasha, 7.

She also says she hopes to focus ways women maintain a work-family balance, and the needs of military families ...
Michelle Obama - U.S. First Lady Role

Quote:
...(Michelle) Obama suggested that if she were to become first lady, she would take on women's and family issues, prompted by the stories she has been hearing from females on the campaign trail. ...
... "And if I have the honor of becoming the next first lady, I want to continue these conversations like the ones I've had with these incredible women across the country. I want to ensure that their voices don't get drowned out ever again in Washington."...
Chicago Sun Times - Michelle Obama as our next First Lady

By the way, I read this last year in Vanity Fair: ..."Michelle Obama, who turns 44 in mid-January, is also young, by First Lady standards. Regally tall, stunning, and city-chic ..."

Another fashion review read:
Quote:
...the world�s collective gaze soon turned to future First Lady Michelle Obama as she joined her husband on the podium in Chicago�s Grant Park. And, what they saw will likely keep the fashion world buzzing for days. Whether you loved it or hated it, Mrs. Obama�s frock choice -- a red-and-black sleeveless sheath with a criss-crossed black satin cummerbund off Narciso Rodriguez�s SS09 runway -- definitely made a statement.

Michelle Obama�s decision to sport an American designer was no surprise; she�s been doing so with everyone from J.Crew and Thakoon to Mario Pinto throughout the campaign. ...I�d argue Michelle Obama made her most commendable fashion statement as of yet. The dress was by all accounts unexpected, unconventional, and right on trend ... Like any true fashion icon, Michelle Obama knows how to push the sartorial envelope, and how to ruffle some fashion feathers. I just can�t wait to see what�s awaiting us come Inauguration Day.

The London Times online yesterday wrote:
Quote:
...Everything about this woman speaks to the modern, post-feminist woman: she is manifestly clever, independently minded, attractive in a normal, accessible way ... Her demeanour is a reassuring mixture of sassy and self-deprecating; her easy, confident dress sense neither too sexy nor too self-conscious. Most of all, however, she appears to be the personification of sanity...

I admire her as a person and as a mom, as an individual and as a wife, and quite decidedly as a First Lady of my family's country.

Pam W
SE of Seattle

Quote:
Pam W wrote: I appreciate the Republicans buying lovely clothes and providing make-up and haircare professionals for Sarah Palin. Too often, mothers of children with disabilities reflect the lack of time, energy and wealth required to look as beautiful on the outside as they are on the inside.

Pamela Wilson - Children with Special Needs Editor
Visit the Children with Special Needs Website
Koala
Koala
I've never understood the need to focus on what the candidates and their wives wear. The focus should be on what they do.

Lynn_B #466522 11/07/08 07:26 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I agree totally, Lynn.

Jilly #466779 11/08/08 08:04 PM
Gecko
Gecko
Gagging!!!!!!!

S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
There's a good story in the Chicago Tribune 11/09/08 - about Michelle Obama's transition to being First Lady:

Michelle Obama blazes a new trail

Quote:
When Michelle Obama walks into the White House on Monday for the traditional post-election tea between the first lady and her successor, she'll be taking the first steps along what many historians believe could be a groundbreaking path. ...

... Michelle Obama also can depend on advice from her immediate predecessor, Laura Bush, who defended the future first lady after she was criticized by Republicans ...last winter. Michelle Obama later sent Bush a note expressing her gratitude.

Aides said the two women had a warm conversation last week when Bush called to congratulate the Obamas and invite them to visit the White House.

On Monday, their tea will mark the 100th anniversary of White House tours for the future first ladies. Historians expect it to be among the most cordial.

"I think it will go unusually well," Anthony said. "Both of these women are extremely gracious people, and they have shown a lot of respect for each other too."

Quote:
Just as her secret service code name, "Renaissance," pays tribute to a time when higher learning, cultural understanding and creative arts moved an entire continent out of the Dark Ages, historians believe Michelle Obama's education and understanding of America's diversity could usher in a new era for first ladies.

There's also a story on Code names for the first-family-to-be - Malia is 'Radiance' and Sasha is 'Rosebud.' Quite appropriate for the beautiful first-daughters-to-be, too.

Pam W
SE of Seattle

Last edited by SNC_Editor_Pam; 11/09/08 03:19 AM.

Pamela Wilson - Children with Special Needs Editor
Visit the Children with Special Needs Website
T
Shark
Shark
T
So we went from dissing Palin to dissing Michelle Obama based on clothing? Women cannot get a break! She was clean. She was dressed up. Just because some people did not like it, give her a break. We all have varying senses of style. Who cares what she wears. It was totally appropriate.

Michelle
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.