logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Larry sees Zeke come into the diner and raises his voice a bit to carry.

"Zeke, what do you think about those thieving Democrats?"

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
JRH Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
A few moments later the door opens up again and a man enters in the diner. He currently is wearing a brown trenchcoat and hat and takes them off and sets them to hang and dry. What reveals is an average looking man about six feet tall, a little built, average looking with clean haircut black hair. Wearing a button down shirt and black jeans and in plain view shows a gun holster with a gun in it and safely clipped to him. He makes a quick scan of the diner and sits at the counter one seat aprt from the girl.

"Wow....sure is pouring out there. Can I still order something or is the Diner closing up for the night?"

Last edited by JRH; 10/12/08 03:06 PM.
Gecko
Gecko
"Cherry pie comin' right up, sweetie," she spins on her heels and heads for the kitchen. She goes to where she last placed the cherry pie and picks up the last slice, taking it over to the man.

The door opens again and another man enters. She sets the pie down on the table and smiles, "Don't mind Larry, by the way. He always waxes political." She gives him a warm smile, "Just hollar if you need somethin', darlin'. Name's Ray." She turns and walks back to the counter and smiles in the direction of the newcomer. "You can order whatever you'd like, sweetie. Oh, except cherry pie. We're fresh out." She heads toward the coffee pots and pulls out a fresh pot and sets the other to brew. "Coffee?"

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
"[Kryssie] plans to take over the world one banner at a time"
J
JRH Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
Nods "Please, and I'll take a slice of apple pie if you have some"

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
"Weel, Zeke? How do you feel about the Democrats?" Larry shouted to Zeke.

"Aaaww Larry you know I dont know nothin' about that stuff. I know that I am still waiting for my food, though." Zeke said loud enough for Ray to hear.

"Now don't you be gettin' sassy, Zeke. Your food will be right up. Toothsweet."

No sooner did she finish speaking, Ray was startled by the slamming of a plate on the counter behind her. It was from the cook and it was Zeke's heaping pile of french fries smothered in gravy. She handed Zeke the plate and he started right in on them.

Suddenly he stopped eating, took off his hat and began to pray and giving thanks for the meal. When he was done, he attacked the plate again.

"Hey Ray, tell Cookie back there that these fries are almost as good as your possum pie." Zeke shouted out loud enough for the cook to hear him and kind of snarled in reply. Everyone in the diner chuckled at the exchange.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Originally Posted By: Vance Wrestling and Crime
"Weel, Zeke? How do you feel about the Democrats?" Larry shouted to Zeke.

"Aaaww Larry you know I dont know nothin' about that stuff. I know that I am still waiting for my food, though." Zeke said loud enough for Ray to hear.

"That's whats wrong with this country," Larry mutters, "nobody cares about who's running the show."

Jacob looks up from his bible, but Larry interrupts whatever comment he was about to make.

"Yeah, I know who you think is running the show."

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
[A note on the setting, the diner in the middle of nowhere is now placed a bit more precisely...it's in the middle of nowhere, Maine, about a mile from the coast.]

As the door opens to admit yet another customer, the wind blows the rain through the open doorway. The college girl clutches at her papers on her table as they threaten to blow all over the diner. The wind ruffles the pages of Jacob's bible, causing him to look sternly at the person entering.

A young man enters, in his early twenties, dressed in jeans and what was probably a nice leather coat, before rain and mud had their way with it. He's soaked through, water dripping from his hair, mud caking his shoes and pants.

He closes the door behind him and trudges to the stool at the counter nearest the door, leaving muddy footprints all the way there.

"Coffee," he says, fishing in his coat for a wallet.

J
JRH Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
John notices the man walk in and digs into his pants pocket and pulls out a little note pad and makes a few notes into it before putting it back into his pocket. He then turns towards Ray and asks "Have you seen this girl by chance?"

He then pulls out as he asks a picture of a teenage girl about to be 16 years of age. On the picture is her wearing a red and white stripe sweat shirt. curly brown hair, blue eyes, dimples, and small braces as her smile shows her teeth.

Amoeba
Amoeba
Derek sips his coffee, seemingly not interested in the pie. He watches the room and listens to the conversations, but doesn't say anything himself.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?
Gecko
Gecko
Ray's eyes widen as the plate slams behind her. She laughs it off and places it in front of Zeke. She's feeling a bit of tension mounting in the room. Still, she smiles sweetly.

She shivers as the door opens and listens as the new person trudges in and sits. "Coffee..." and she obliges with a warm cup. "Anything else you need, you just holler, sweetie. Name's Ray." She smiles and then flits over to the college girl to make sure she's set, then the older man in dark, the man with the cherry pie, Jacob, Larry, and Zeke.

"Have you seen this girl by chance?" she hears someone ask. She keeps on about her business, filling coffee pots and checking on the patrons. She does, however, until she hears Zeke's booming voice...

"Ya talkin' to Ray, boy-boy?" he laughs. "She ain't seen nothin', son! She's blind as a bat!"

"Thank you, Zeke," she smiles a little awkwardly. "Yes, I am, actually, blind. So, no, I've not seen anyone at all. But, if you have a personal item, I may be able to sense them..."

Jacob looks up and gives her a glare. Not that she could see it, but she could certainly feel it. She smiles in his direction. "...maybe later, though. I still am on the clock."

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
"[Kryssie] plans to take over the world one banner at a time"
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Leif - Role Playing Games 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.