Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
O
octave3 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
O
NBC News report on Palin:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
O
octave3 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
O

And now this from ABC News - which tends to verify Kilkenny's statements:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

T
Shark
Shark
T
I'm sorry, what does this have to do with Kilkenny, the librarian, and the banning of books?

Michelle
O
octave3 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
O
It's a verification of Kilkenny's claim that the police commissioner was fired without case. See the new thread, "Palin's Legal Problems."

Apology accepted.

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
I got up this morning, glad to have come through the worst Hurricane to hit Texas in a very long time and ran into another Hurricane here on this forum. My, Octave, you've opened up some good dialogue here. Wish I could spark this kinda' stuff on my forum. (smile)

Anyway, we all should really be fired up about this election as should be. The country is really messed up right now. I mean messed up (will the responsible party please stand up!!!...be a man and the bigger person) and we need it fixed by the most qualified person. Too bad we'll have to pick the lesser of two evils but that's what man has demeaned himself into. An evil that in this country has made capitalism more important than caring for his own people.

Just because one is as passionate as "Octave" doesn't mean she doesn't know what she is talking about. This is the main reason our country is messed up because of stubborness to reason. If one feels like he has all the answers and then fails, at least fess up to it. The Republican party has agreers to this notion. They have messed up big time. Can't wait for my grandchildren to read this in social studies class. If only we could get an apology from our present president then at least he would have given us something productive and maybe just maybe start the healing in this country. Nothing is as effective when you've messed up as an authentic apology. Former Pres. Bill Clinton may have done wrong outside of his marriage BUT HE APOLOGIZED. You can forgive him or not, he did it.

All of us should be worried about who will run this country because as noted from the past political party (Bush's eight years and then his dad's years and Reagan's years) Octave, you and I have a lot to be scared about and should be shouting it out on every forum, please don't vote Republican - not this election or the next several ones. Let us give the country a chance to heal, then let the republican party to be fair but with a budget of what they can spend. Cause if anything we've seen per history, republicans love to spend the poor man's money and keep more and more for himself and his friends.

If you are one who would like to remain in denial and try and knock the wind out of "Octave", you're becoming winded yourself. As these days go by, the republican party soon will on that "road to nowhere". At least then, someone would have visited it and the monies used not all in vain. Until next time, I'd like to pass on something I saw this morning and after my own investigation, I see why republicans are so defensive. Its been well noted. Sounds like jealousy and a people not ready to give up the reign of power to someone that is at least willing to help his country and for that he (Senator Barack Obama), should at least be given credit for. And it's also important to note that God didn't just give smarts to the white race. There are other races that are very intelligent, so why not give someone else a chance regarding his color. I've worked with people who were not always qualified for their positions but in the long run, the tenacity, faithfulness, initiative and efficiency put into their jobs and responsibilities is what got everyone's attention and eventually everyone's kudo acknowledgement. You can't "get" experience without "experience" in doing something. Did any of you have experience of driving before you learned how to? Think about it and stop being in denial and so, so out there in space.

Enjoy this excerpt I've pass around a few of the forums this morning. May God bless us all:

*If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you're 'exotic, different.'
but if you grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, a quintessential American story.

*If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.

but name your kids Willow, Trig, and Track; you're a maverick.

*Graduate from Harvard law School and you are unstable.

but attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well grounded.

*If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.

but if your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city council, 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, and 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you're qualified to become the country's second highest ranking executive.

*If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2 beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a real Christian.

yet if you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian.

*If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.

yet if, while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other option in sex education in your state's school system while your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant, (though its not your fault), you're very responsible.

*If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values don't represent America's.

but if your husband is nicknamed 'First Dude', with at least one DWI conviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote until age 25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.

OK, much clearer now.

Its not about race but the quality of the people. Let's be smart individuals and recognize and acknowledge and give people their proper credit. No matter what color.

Last edited by Kimmie - Bulb Garden Lady; 09/24/08 10:25 AM.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
O
octave3 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
O
Thank you for your words, Kimmie. Well said.

Here's an update from Anne Kilkenny herself, published in the San Francisco Chronicle:

W
Shark
Shark
W
Kimmie, those are interesting points. I don't have a problem with some of them, but those are not the issues that most people have a problem with Barack. Consider these.

1.) Lived just down the street from, Co-Chaired a board with, and had a campaign launched by the unrepentent terrorist William Ayers. This is a guy who thought it would be groovy to blow up the Pentagon, Post Offices, and Police Stations to protest the Vietnam War. This is a guy, who on 9/11/01 had an interview published where he said his group did not do enough and that he did not regret his actions. This is a cold blooded murderer. MURDER

2.) Financed the slumlord Tony Rezko with taxpayer dollars to build "ghettos" in Chicago and then leave them to fall apart. Some people went without heat in the winter. Roaches. Rats. Rezko pocked the money that was supposed to be going to these neighborhoods. Tony Rezko bought the adjorning lot on the same day that Barack bought his house and then sold it to the Obamas for much less than it was worth. CORRUPTION

3.) Recieved the second highest amount of campaign contrabutions from Fanny May and Freddie Mac. This was during the course of only three years while the senator who recieved the highest amount, Chris Dodd, was given his money over the course of over a decade. CORRUPTION

4.) Has made numerous gaffes. 57 states of America. If we inflate our tires, we save as much oil as ALL that we would get from domestic drilling. Iran is a small country, not a threat. Pakistan is an enemy. The Russia/Georgia conflict should be handled by the UN even though Russia has the power of veto there.
ect. ect. (there are really too many to put in a single post) STUPIDITY

5.) Has made statements to Jewish Americans that Israel should be left as is. Then the next day, tells other Americans that Israel should be divided in half. LIES

6.) Attended a hate filled, racist, anti- American church for twenty years. Although it was clear what Reverand Wright Jr was shouting from his pulpit, Obama pleaded ignorance and said, "That's not the same man I knew." Obama professes in his books that Jeremiah Wright Jr was a mentor to him. IGNORANCE LIES RACISM

7.) Has never reached across the aisle for a compromise in any fasion. Has never voted in any way other than to the far left. Professes, however, that he will unify. Trust what he says not how he has lived his entire life and what he does. HYPOCRACY PANDERING

8.) This one is most important. IS being publicly endorsed by such terrorist organizations such as Hamass and Al Quada. Has recieved campaign contrabutions from Hamass.

IS PUBLICLY ENDORCED BY ENEMIES OF AMERICA

IS PUBLICLY ENDORCED BY ENEMIES OF AMERICA

I put that in there twice so that you would stop and consider what that means.

9.) The leader of Iran has openly, publicly announced that he will destroy Israel. He has openly, publicly announced that he is seeking nuclear weapons. Many of the weapons found on terrorist in Iraq can be traced back to Iran.

Barack has said that he would have no problem meeting and negotiating without any pre-conditions.

All in all, I don't care that he's black. I don't care that he's a man as opposed to a woman. I wouldn't care if he looked exactly like the man I see in the mirror every day. I do care about where he is planning to take my country

-whoisjohngalt

O
octave3 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
O
The notion that Obama received campaign contributions from Hamas is beyond ludicrous. You're grabbing at straws, and it's painfully obvious that your anti-Obama arguments come straight from the Fox News propaganda machine.

Obama is the brightest, most talented candidate in this race, by far. We have to pick somebody to try and lead us out of this terrible mess. I say give him a chance.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
You know, in all honesty, we need to prepare ourselves, more, for what we are headed into. Obama is not as talented as he appears to be, nor is Mccain as brilliant. Right or wrong, Washington has another agenda for Obama. He was chosen for a reason, a plan. Mccain couldn't get us out of this either. It's a dellusion any one person can reverse what is in the making as this time. We just have to go through it.

Obama will continue ties w/radical terrorists. It will be in the fundings where the proof lies. I still feel he is elected if that is the real arguement. If you're waiting for him to waive a magic wand, when everything hits, you're going to wish you would have taken some of this research and better prepared yourself for matters in home.

Elleise
Clairvoyance editor

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
O
octave3 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
O
I have no illusions about Obama or anyone else leading us out of this mess anytime during the next four or eight years. I actually feel a bit sorry for whoever inherits the job, because that person, one year from now, will be vilified as having been ineffective. However, Obama is clearly the more talented of the two major candidates, and thus he is best equipped to mitigate the damage. That's why I'm voting for him.

Once again, your Fox News is showing. The notion that Obama has any ties to terrorists is patently absurd. His willingness to negotiate with Ahmadinejad is a position that is supported by none other than Henry Kissinger.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.