logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
There's a really interesting article in More magazine that has some great info on how to keep healthy and be aware of changes in our bodies as we get older - Health Breasts at 40, 50, and 60. It stresses the importance of self-exams which I do not do often enough and I know that I should. How many of you do regular self exams or do you wait for a doctor's visit?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Hi and thank you for this info. I saw the article too and thought it was pretty good. There is, however, a recent flurry of information about breast self exams not being as worthwhile as we've been taught. I have REALLY mixed feelings on this, from a personal standpoint, because I discovered a cancerous lump on self exam and still believe BSE's are a valuable tool. I'm sure we'll be hearing lots more on this issue in the months to come. Meanwhile, here's an article on the subject:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Gail Armanini, Editor
Breast Cancer Site *** Breast Cancer Forum
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Thanks for sharing this. I've read a few other articles also suggesting that self exams aren't necessary, but like you said I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think that self exams can only help and they make us become more aware of our bodies and changes that might occur. At least both articles are in agreement with that and they recommend getting a mammogram. I've heard many stories of women discovering a lump doing a self exam to dismiss it.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Well I'm one of those women who found the lump during a self-exam exactly six months after a mammogram supposedly said the breast was healthy.
I say it don't hurt to be safe! Examine yourself and see your doctor regularly and educate yourself. And prayer don't hurt, either! That's the best plan, I think. smile

Shark
Shark
Is it true that small breasted women are more prone to breast cancer?

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Hi Vishenda,

No, not to my knowledge.

Gail Armanini, Editor
Breast Cancer Site *** Breast Cancer Forum

Moderated by  Gail A - AW&BC Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.