Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I don't feel Palin is a pathetic ploy. I do feel Mccain is pandering to women's issues and votes, it just happened to work for him as far as his choice.

She feels as if there is bulk behind her words. If she says something is going to happen it will.

If people/parties get riled up over something will little issue behind it, they're running scared.

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor

Last edited by Eleise - Clairvoyance; 09/11/08 12:02 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
amen to the reperations thing Elleise. I am a half-puerto rican gay jew. I think I deserve triple the payout LOL

As for civic/community organizers in Chicago go, they are hand-in-hand with local, state, and federal agencies and so forth. You'd be surprised at the amount of stuff a chicago community organizer can and does do. I was surprised when I went to work for a foundation that does this sort of stuff in chicago and they had budgets in the ranges of 8-9 figures and did a lot of work at all the levels. The group I worked for even was international, although not widely so. They were more national and local verses international.

I can see why people have reservations abotu Barack. The way I look at it is this: I have more reservations about McCain and Palin then I do Barack and Biden.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Parakeet
Parakeet
I totally hear you, Elleise. I'll talk to what I can, as a person who also has never been particularly political. I have never publicly spoken about my political feelings until now.

As I understand it, Obama is not for doling out cash to the black community in higher and higher amounts. Quite the contrary. He worked as a community organizer, yes. But a lot of it was getting people to take jobs. His views as he stands right now, are that it all starts with education. The education system in impoverished areas is horrific. This is where he wants to begin - getting these people educated, feeling a sense of self pride and a wish to be self sufficient. I agree that this is the only way to begin to scratch the surface of a generational problem that has gotten out of control. You've got to start with the youth.

And I stand up with you on the fact that the Africans were not the only one's to face the horrors of humanity. When they were placed into projects as a result of Democratic White Guilt, this was the beginning of a spiraling situation. It was just a bad idea, and it has gone horribly wrong ever since. We need to face the fact that it is a problem. Pretending that you can remove a generational sense of entitlement just by getting riled up about it, is not a productive solution.

In college, I did a study on world culture, and read a book called "The Hidden Rules of Class" by Judy Payne. It was like a huge light bulb went off in my head, and finally, I understood. I highly recommend that you read it, as you will get an excellent picture of why the minorities in these communities think and feel the way they do. It's all about culture, defining discipline, views on territory and defining priorities. I do hope you read it.

Barack Obama is not about pouring more money into welfare. He is about pouring more money into education in depressed areas. It is not a quick fix. It is a process that will take generations. There are no quick fixes to a problem of this magnitude.

Also, Obama is not a singularly focused candidate. He has passionate feelings and plans on every main issue that is on the table. BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Parakeet
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: Eleise - Clairvoyance
I don't feel Palin is a pathetic ploy. I do feel Mccain is pandering to women's issues and votes, it just happened to work for him as far as his choice.

She feels as if there is bulk behind her words. If she says something is going to happen it will.

If people/parties get riled up over something will little issue behind it, they're running scared.

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor

Here's what worries me. She has no respect for animal rights. She would rather continue our dependence on oil, than allow polar bears to be on the endangered list. She fought hard for it.

She has offered $500 per wolf leg, to be shot from helicopters, because they are interfering with her lust for shooting caribou and moose.

She supports the NRA.

When she was giving her speech at the RNC, she proudly announced that her 19 year old son was going to Iraq, today, actually. On the anniversary of 9/11. When the camera panned over to him I expected to see a proud soldier stand up, with a smile and a wave. What I saw was an absolutely terrified kid sitting there, eyes moving back and forth along the seat in front of him. My heart just dropped. I would never gladly send my son off to war. I was also totally grossed out when Palins youngest daughter kept licking her hand and stroking it over the babies hair. Then there is the pregnant teen daughter. Honestly, I don't see Palin as a good mother at all. I'm not impressed with her for being a mother. (Hillary was a stand-up mom who raised a stand-up daughter.)

She is a creationist.

She is ignorant about global warming. (As the polar bears slowly starve to death in her state, but who cares? Drill, baby, drill!!)

She lied about the bridge to nowhere.

I really don't need any jaw dropping dirt on her to know she does not stand for what I stand for.

I do believe that McCain chose her because he felt pressured by female voters who wanted a woman in the White House. Mind boggling thing is, it seems to be working. As if she even stood for a single thing that Hillary did.

Shay

Parakeet
Parakeet
Banning books is one of the hallmark traits and actions of a facist or totalitarian state. A government that seeks to ban books is trying to contol the flow of information and free expression. It is a government attempting to control the people by controlling information. That being the case, what does asking the public librarian about the policy of banning books, however rhetorical it was, say about the political philosophy of Gov. Palin?

Last edited by Craig58; 09/11/08 10:10 PM.
Parakeet
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: Craig58
Banning books is one of the hallmark traits and actions of a facist or totalitarian state. A government that seeks to ban books is trying to contol the flow of information and free expression. It is a government attempting to control the people by controlling information. That being the case, what does asking the public librarian about the policy of banning books, however rhetorical it was, say about the political philosophy of Gov. Palin?

Exactly, Craig. Republicans are clinging desperately to the fact that Palin didn't actually ban books, and that the list in circulation that she tried to ban were erronious, creating the illusion that the whole book banning question is a farce. The truth is, she did inquire about it, which is enough for me.

About fascism. If you look up "fascism" on Wikipedia, you will see the Bush administration's affect on America, right there in print. Palin is just one of the Bush related good 'ol boys that the Republicans are now too embarrassed to admit they fought tooth and nail to elect. Twice. He has been a horrific failure on every front. He has diminished to near ruins, one of the finest countries in the world. But, still they cling to their blind devotion to their party. This is the poster child example what Eckhart Tolle meant by "mass insanity" in A New Earth...

Shay

T
Shark
Shark
T
I am a librarian and I don't think ASKING about the practice and policies surrounding banning a book is wrong. My gosh, such BIG issues we are concerned about. ASKING about banning books as compared to, hmmmm, ties with Ayres, Rezko,ACORN, and an obvious racist and America hater Wright... yeah, this tops all of that.

Michelle
O
Amoeba
Amoeba
O
You probably ought to read this article:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Elephant
Elephant
What raises my ire about Palin is her current refusal to cooperate in a legislative investigation into the firing of the state commissioner. What does she have to be afraid of to make her not cooperate. It doesn't make her look good and above-the-board or a "reformer" like she is made out to be by refusing.

If someone made false accusations about an action I did I would want to get to the bottom of it and would cooperate with the people who are investigating. That would be like me not cooperating with the treasury department or the fbi when i was the victim of a check scam and they thought I was the one printing up the counterfeit checks and sending them to people and cashed one myself to throw off the authorities.

Palin doing this is like the White House refusing to cooperate into the firings of the US Attournies or other things they have claimed executive priv. to.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.