Next Thread
Print Thread
#452664 09/15/08 09:31 PM
J
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
J
What do you think the loss of our WWII Veterans on a daily basis means for our society?

Can you tell me some of their accomplishments through the years?

This article gives you some background on the subject:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Jeff Valentine, Veterans Editor
Veterans Website
Veterans Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
1,000 plus per day are leaving this world

Hello, I am George.
J
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
J
That's an amazing number, isn't it? That loss of experience and knowledge is staggering.

This was the generation that came of age in the depression and fought a global war. Sounds eerily similar to today doesn't it?

Their lessons learned are HIGHLY necessary right now, in my opinion.

Jeff Valentine, Veterans Editor
Veterans Website
Veterans Forum
M
M
My dad was a vet of WWII and he was truly one of the greatest men, I ever knew. He grew up in the depression and volunteered to go to war. The men he fought with were his life long friends. That entire generation were truly the greatest americans that we will ever see. I will never forget when my dad convinced me to join the military and the day I left for bootcamp. It was one of a handful of days that I ever saw him cry. I work per diem in a VA nursing home and it is and will be one of my greatest privilages to serve these men and women who fought for us. I know that this is long winded but I miss my dad and miss his stories and his very dry humor. Sorry for running on and on.

Last edited by MariRN; 01/07/09 05:10 PM.
S
Shark
Shark
S
I recently met a gentlemen who is a Vet of World WarII. I asked him if he would talk to me about his experiences during the war. I spent several hours listening and asking questions. He was amazed that I was even interested. Told me that not many people today want to listen to his "war stories". Sad but true. Even his daughter was like daaaad. But, I told her I asked him to tell me. I wish I had taped him.
Sundancer
www.mikessportingoods.ecrater.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.