Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
L
Llyn Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
Let's see if I can get everything answered smile

For icartaxo and KathieVt: You've done everything you need to do smile All that is needed is to register for the forum which you have already done. This is a very informal group, no sign up required.
On the second Saturday of each month I will post an article on the main Bella site and will post a link to it here in the forum. Or, you can sign up for the spinning newsletter if you like. The newsletter will tell you whenever I post a new article about spinning whether Virtual Guild related or not. The monthly article will be the "formal" part of our guild program for the month. I will also open a new forum thread each month (except December, no meeting in December as everyone is so busy with the holidays.) The monthly forum thread will be the informal part of the meeting where questions can be asked and answered and tips and info can be exchanged.

For June and laughingcrone: You (and everyone else) are welcome to define "wrap" any way you'd like. It's your project so it's really your choice smile The size of the project you chose does not matter....but yes, a larger project does require more yarn and more time spent spinning that yarn. My local (physical) group is doing wraps (scarves, shawls, etc) as we need to create a display for a local fiber arts show and we always like to have a theme.

For Nikki: Three projects? Way kewl! Yes, a carded preparation and a worsted spinning technique will give a semi-worsted yarn.
AT one end of the spinning scale, there are true worsted and at the other end, true woolens. Everything else falls in the middle and is called either a semi-worsted or a semi-woolen, depending on which spinning author's book you happen to be reading. To avoid confusion of this issue, which is really sort of a moot point as almost all spun yarns are semi-somethings, I suggest we call the entire "semi" category semi-worsted.

Llyn - Spinning Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Llyn Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
Forgot to add: I will probably be off line for 2 to 3 days starting tomorrow (Thursday). I've been having computer woes and my new computer should finally be here tomorrow and I'll have to load all the software...and I do mean ALL the software. Provided the thing works - the last new computer would not work and literally blew up while I was on the phone with tech support.

Llyn - Spinning Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
N
N
Llyn,

I know you can't answer right away, but when you get back...

I've got my patterns picked out and was wondering. (I hope the answer is in the first article you write when we started...specifically about picking wool for the project.) My pattern calls for 200 grams of worsted yarn. Since I'm going to prepare raw wool, AND I don't have a scarf I can weigh or measure, How does one go about figuring out just how much raw wool you need to wash for your choosen project?

Or am I way ahead of the group...I don't want to be way ahead, but was just thinking here and trying to decide how much wool to wash.
Nikki in Colorado

N
N
Hi Llyn,

I got interested in Bella Online because I liked your weekly articles....I sure don't know how to find those articles. Do or can you tell me where to look for the Weekly articles you've written?

Thanks...Nikki in Colorado

N
N
Hi Llyn,

Never mind, I was able to answer my own question. I found the articles I wanted to review under Spinning fundamentals.

Thanks for writing these articles. It will be a great review for me to read them again. Oh and I did also find the Articles on How to determine how much fibre I need and then How much yarn I will need for my projects, so now I have something to read while waiting for our 1st meeting.

Nikki in Colorado

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.