Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
confused Haven't we lost sight of why we are here. There are some very real issues that divide, and that is where our energies should go. But instead the issue is someone's e-mail.

Why should anyone who lives in a community and takes part in the events of that community need credentials to discuss some of those events? As long as Ms Kilkenny is a citizen of the United States of America, she has the right to an opinion, and has the right to express that opinion. She also has the right to talk about information that is part of the public record.

I have received a number of e-mails that come down on the other side of this candidate. There has been no discussion if they are legit. Or if the writer had the right to express himself.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
Sponsored Post Advertisement
O
octave3 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
O
Well, unless you want to label half the internet as "Blogs and known liberal websites" you'll have to concede that the letter is valid. This Seattle site claims to have received permission from Kilkenny to post the letter:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
The feeling I get specifically on this election is both are wrong for the job, Mccaine and Obama. I don't feel/see either candidate fitting this bill, this election. In fact it feels a majority of people feel stuck, as in they feel forced to vote against their better judgement. Neither are prepared and anyone who might be, is simply not in the lime light at this time.

Obama holds the most energy as far as what I'm getting. He isn't prepared, no matter how many celebrity persons he gets in his favor, media coverage, special interest groups, etc. This man will do little, effectively and will blame something or someone else if he gets that far. I should add, I feel it is specifically this person not the party overall. I see positives in both parties. For him specifically, it's all emotion, cliches and bumper stickers. It isn't real and again, something in the house greater than he is counting on something w/him. He is a key player, they're simply watching as it unfolds, as in not really in his corner. He, nor his supporters will see this.

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Parakeet
Parakeet
Elleise, what are your feelings about Palin?

O
octave3 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
O
For the sake of argument, let's say that Obama isn't qualified, Joe Biden is, John McCain is, Sarah Palin is not.

That makes both teams qualified. One of those teams is going to lead the nation for the next 4/8 years, no matter what any of us do. Now let's say that the president, God forbid, dies. Which team is now better qualified?

O
octave3 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
O

Check out what your colleagues at ivillage are saying:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

O
octave3 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
O
btw, Palin made her first real gaffe today. Her economic ignorance is showing:

W
Shark
Shark
W
Okay- this E-Mail is getting silly. "Half the internet" does not think it is real just like there is not a "concenses in the scientific world" that global warming exists. This is faulty liberal logic.

Secondly, the link you posted about Sarah Palin's supposed gaffe is not really a gaffe. We the tax payers have bailed out these companies before. Within the last year in fact. It cost us billions.

The reason we had to do so in the first place was because liberals in Washington pressed for the number of loans to high risk people (the poor) to be increased from 42% to 50%. Because the companies were backed by the government, they had no problem going along with the illogical requirement.

Now we are in the present and people are suprised that most of these high risk people forclosed. It was stupid to make these companies government backed in the first place, but I guess if it is only the taxpayer's money, it doesn't matter.

It is not a gaffe. If you would like a gaffe, ask Obama how many states there are- because he's been to 57 or 58.

Maybe you could ask his THREE HUNDRED advisors. I didn't have three hundred people in the town I lived in.

It is obvious that the tax payers cannot afford another bail-out because people are already stretching their incomes as much as they can right now. There is no gaffe in that- only common sense.

-whoisjohngalt

O
octave3 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
O
The Kilkenny email is authentic.

Palin doesn't understand big-league economics.

Nobody knows who Palin is.

Palin beleives that pipelines and the Iraq invasion are "God's will." (Where have we heard that before?).

The rest of the world is laughing at us - again - for (trying to) elevate another deluded Bible Thumper to high office. Don't believe me? Check out the CBC, the BBC, the Frankfurter Allgemeine, and Le Monde.

A Palin presidency would be a disaster. Think carefully before you vote.

J
J
Originally Posted By: whoisjohngalt
Okay- this E-Mail is getting silly. "Half the internet" does not think it is real just like there is not a "concenses in the scientific world" that global warming exists. This is faulty liberal logic.
-whoisjohngalt

JG, it seems rather pointless to argue with someone who only wishes to listen to their own side. Octave is not open to opinion except her own faulty one. The harder Octave tries to convince everyone that he/she is right, the more redundant this gets.

Use it or lose it is what I always say.

Jettagal
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.