logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
E
Reformed Baptist

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.

C.S. Lewis
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
S
I don't like labeling myself as what kind of Baptist. I'm just a Baptist. But if you'd like to hear the label it's independent fundamental Baptist.

E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
I'm baptised! But nothing else! LOL!

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

C
C
I was a baptist for 30 years under one of the nations most famous baptist preachers. I think we went through membership in a couple of baptist organizations, Independent and Southern. Depended on who had a falling out with whom and when...

Though I am no longer a baptist at all, I am thankful for my time there. Both to ground me, make me question and make me angry enough to keep searching. I do not see my faith listed here on Bella (and no it's not some new cult), and I myself drove by the one parish we had in baptistville for 30 years, I came here. I still have a soft spot in me I guess.

blessins ya'll

Orthodox homeschooling mom to 7, one with Rett Syndrome
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Hi Calligrapher,

What religion do you belong to (if you don't mind me asking)?

I'm kind of researching a bunch of different religions within and outside of the Christian faith.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
C
C
We got so fed up we researched as well. smile

We made our way all the way back to the beginning of the Christian faith and found to our shock that it was still there. We were taught as baptists that the faith died out and until Luther we had no hope. If that had truly happened then the Christian faith would be moot anyway. We are Orthodox Christians, converts to the Orthodox faith-which sounds odd because it's Christianity at it's fullest point, same way the apostles practiced it. Figured since they walked with Christ himself and He handed the faith to them, they might have had an inkling as to how it was to be lived. KWIM? We practice in a Greek Orthodox church (think my Big Fat Greek Wedding) but we aren't the least bit Greek. That's been an adventure all of it's own!

Orthodox homeschooling mom to 7, one with Rett Syndrome
B
B
I've enjoyed reading all the comments. I too agree that labels are good...to a point, but they have there place. I grew up SBC and joined American Baptist Association when I married. I find small issues with both to some degree and am searching God's word to find what His answer is. So, my denomination is saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, baptized, and trying to walk in faith with my God. Boy...that's a long one!

becca

"The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love." Gal. 5:6
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.