logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Shark
Shark
C
"When I get a little money, I buy books. If there's any left over, I buy food."

Your article reminded me of this quote whose author I do not remember. Our family has trouble resisting the urge to buy books, too.

cela
Koala
Koala
I chuckled when I read this. We TRY to limit our purchases to what we can fit on the bookshelves (which we also have in every room in the house and even out in the shop/workroom). I rotate books out and around among friends and those that we don't really develop a LOVE for head out for Goodwill. But its hard!

My husband always tells me I need a 12-step program for my book habit. I tell him a book (or two or three) a day keeps the boredom away.

C
Shark
Shark
C
Yes, when we seem to be in "overflow" mode, I cull a few books from our collection and give them to the local library. Sometimes I feel a little guilt because I never give them my favorites! Oh, well.

cela
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
My eight year old reads books until they fall apart. She is very hard on them, despite my horror at "crimes" such as spines left open and food spilled on them. Nobody would want her favorites after she's done with them!

A
Gecko
Gecko
A
When I was little I would stay up with a flashlight under my blankets and read books all night. I used to think my parents didn't know but one day, abou a week after my batteries had run out and I couldn't read anymore they bought me a whole package of batteries! :-)

Angela England
J
J
Under the bed, on the nightstand, coffe table, in the car. Both of my sons are avid readers, even the one that has struggled with dyslexia. We just kept buying and trying until he got hooked. Oldest son has books all over his apartment. And please don't touch them - you'll mess them up!!

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
It will be interesting to see how e-books read through devices like the kindle change things. Gosh, I don't know what we'd ever DO with all the space that would be available if we didn't have paper books anymore...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.