Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
N
Hi all! The latest baby name article is on illegal baby names.

What do you think: Should certain baby names (or certain types of baby names) be illegal? If so, which names (or types of names)?

Baby Name Blogger & Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
B
no I dont think so..It should be left up to the parent what they would want to name their kid..Surely no parent would name their child something crazy like a curse word or anything degrading..or at least I hope not!

R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
Ahhh - the newest addition to the celeb baby world - Zuma. It is the name of a God I know - but it is also the name of a popular PC game. Perhaps in their world, it is acceptable.

If he and Apple grow up and get married, we'll indeed have from A - Z.

I really think even though they are celebrities, they should really try to name their children something a little less "unique".

All I got was "Robin Redbreast", "When the red, red robin goes bob-bob-bob-ing along", or "Robin - when are you going to fly south?" It was more annoying than hurtful, but these kids today - they have worse to grow up with than I did.

Not all kids will be impressed by the son or daughter of a celebrity and then the child is the one who will have to suffer.

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

C
Shark
Shark
C
I think, in a free country, we should be free. So, I guess that means naming your children whatever you want to name them. There will always be the jerks who name their kids something dumb. At least, the kids are free to change their names legally when they reach adulthood. (They'll probably need to change more than their names, but that's another thread.)

I've heard that the Argentinian government does not allow its citizens to name children with anything but Hispanic names.

cela
Gecko
Gecko
If you live in a free society naming your babies whatever you please falls under the umbrella of freedom. It's very sad that some parents use this privilege to draw attention to themselves by naming their babies off the wall, weird or even obscene names. Cultural differences are to be expected, but jamming a bunch of letters that don't make any sense together is just a pitiful attempt of some parents to get noticed without any regard to the teasing and humiliation it may cause their children. But, as cela said, "That's another thread".

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.