#445682 08/20/08 08:18 AM
S
OP Offline
S
I'll start.

I have 17-yr old b/g twins.

Her name is Taylor Sierra Lyn
His name is Dixon Voldean, IV

I did not want their names to rhyme. Obviously, Dixon is a family name and I just loved Taylor (I didn't realize it was so common for girls then).

SECOLA EDWARDS
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
A
I have 2 yr old identical g/g twins.

The older of the two her name is Lillian (Lilly) Amanda
Her sister, the younger one is Fallon Grace.

I did not want their names to rhyme either. They both have family names (Lillian, Amanda, Grace) and I just liked Fallon. I like how they both have the "n" sound at the end and both have double L's but that was as close as I was going to get their names. I was a twin myself and we had similar names and were always dressed the same and got the same things, so wanted my twins to be treated more as individuals.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Amamda, welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your stay.
"Rosie"

Rosie L
Amoeba
Amoeba
Hi everyone,

I have twins that just turned 29 this past June. It has been a wild ride but I'd love to do it all over again and have the knowledge and patience I now have with my grandchildren. The problem is that even if I could I no longer have the stamina! My twins are a boy and a girl. My son is Shawn Michael and my daughter is Amanda Michelle. They have a sister that is 2.5 years older than they are, her name is April Rebekah. I'm not going to tell anyone it was easy not by a long shot but while my children were growing up were some of the happiest moments of my life! So to all those parents out there of multiples good luck, God Bless, and remember they will be grown and gone before you realize what happened! grin

Deborah Pipas, Disabilities Editor
Disabilities Website
Disabilities
S
Gecko
Gecko
S
My sisters are fraternal twins and their names are...

Kathleen Ann
Kristine Susan

K
K
My twin grandaughters are Hailey Kay Ann and Mariah Sue Lynn. They are identical twins. They are 13 months old, walking and just learning to talk.

Last edited by karenkay46; 08/27/08 10:44 PM.
Karenkay, Welcome to the forum, Hope you enjoy your stay.
"Rosie"

Rosie L
T
T
Hi,

My 14mo fraternal girl twins are: Hallelujah (Halle) and Hosanna (Zanna). We conceived after 12 years of marriage and 3 In-Vitro attempts, so we were in the mood to be thanking God for our little miracles smile

Lara
www.twiceblessedlife.com

Lara, welcome to the forum
"Rosie"

Rosie L
C
C
Hey there moms of twins now and twins to be!
I have twins, identicle boys, age 28 now, Names, Stefan and Zachary. I am also a grandmother of identicle boys age 13, Blake and Justin, from my eldest Son Dustan, who is 31. And expecting MORE grandtwins in January.. and their father is one of my twin boys! I'm warning my youngest son Nathaniel to be prepared for when he and HIS wife will have a child?? LOL!!! We definitely do doubles in my family
I have tons of experience..with my own.. and my grandtwins, and grandtwins to be. Would love to chat with you all!
Cindysue2n1

Cindysue, welcome to the forum

Rosie L
C
C
smile HI Amanda! Congradulations with your twins! Their names are beautiful!
I, ... like you, named mine different, being identicle, BUT I had a BLAST dressing them alike. untill one or the other was old enough to want to wear something different. About 5 yrs. old. I never told them no, and that was the last time I dressed them alike. I denticles are so unique and exciting to people. We NEVER treated them the same, we always treated them as one of the brothers..Or as you put it as individuals as well as my other two singletons. They never felt like the twins got special treatment.. ever.
Don't worry too much about that sort of stuff!!
All four of my sons have the greatest relationships.
Good luck with those precious daughters!
Cindysue2n1

C
C
Hi, I'm new here my name's Katrina and I have 3 year old fraternal boy girl twins. Their names are Sydney Jordan and Carter Logan. My husband and I didn't want matching or rhyming names so we made a list of all of our favorite names and narrowed it down to our top 3. When they were born we made our final decision. We made sure not to let any family members know what we planned to name them(we had plenty of suggestions though)

****Beauty is self acceptance****
Katrina, welcome to the forum, nice to have you here hope you enjoy your stay
"Rosie"

Rosie L
M
M
I have b/g twins that are 18 months old.Hayden is my boys name and Kayleigh is my girls name.

A
A
Hello there!
I have two sets of twins, 4 year old girls and 13 month old boy and a girl. We have plenty of singletons too smile

My twins
Sofia (Leni) Leonor and Lucianna (Luci) Aurora, age 4

Finley (Finn) Thomas and Rianna (Ruby) Celine, age 13 months.
We have all together 10 kids and we're trying for more. I love being a mother. Have a fun year 2009!

T
T
WOW!! That's incredible!! Best wishes to you and your ever-growing large family. :)

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi there, I have 2 1/2 year old twins (along with a 4 1/2 year old). The twins names are

Cole Thomas
Clara Irene

and they have just gotten potty-trained! Yahoo!

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
G
G
Hey, I am 21 and I am an opposite sex twin. My name is Gemma Louise and my brother's is Christopher James. :)

G
G
my sisters are twins girl1: gian-kay..nickname: bopep girl2: gereyka..nickname: banjo ___________ [url=http://www.ichatchildcare.com/]Child Care Tips & Guides, News and Updates[/url]

Last edited by galyex; 04/03/09 02:45 AM.
B
B
I have a b/g set of twins they are 37. And were a month premature but made it. That was a very wounderful and mixed up time in our lives. We didn't know it was to be twins until they were born. They had a combined weight of 5 lbs. and 4 oz. And stayed in the hospital for a month. Names DeAnna Michelle and Brian Kelly. These were names we had picked out. Remember this was before ultrasound and you didn't know waht you were getting until it was born(LOL)

S
S
I have so many twins in my life! My mom is a twin, my nieces are twins, and my goddaughters are twins. Oh yeah, and my mom's twin brother has twins. They are all such a joy! Here are there names: Mom: Sheila Kay and Stephen Ray (born 1959, yes they rhymed and reasoned) Nieces: Henna Marie and June (no middle name, they are German and thought Henna was a boy, so they just gave her a girl's middle name) Goddaughters: (my favorite names) Roma Isabel and Londyn Nicola Cousins: John Patrick and James Dean

M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
I have 3-1/2 y.o. b/g twins. Maia Harmony Nikolas Alexander It was hard to choose their names. They had to be meaningful to both sides of the family, unique, and both sides of the family had to be able to pronounce it correctly without changing it. His family is Mexican and mine is English. It took a lot of arguing to come up with their names, but in the end, I won. lol. Noone complained, though. Melody

M
M
Hi all! We have 12 year old B/G twins. Their names are: Ashley Marie & Richard (Ricky) John We also have another son who is 8 years old & his name is: Joshua John

M
M
My twins are due in one month. Their names are Zarhia Rielle [pronounces Zar-EE-ah Rye-Lee] and Aiden ???? . Haha My husband and I have been trying to come up with a middle name for him, but nothing strikes me as perfect. Zarhia's name came to me in a dream months before I even conceived. I'm stumped with Aiden. Any ideas?

T
T
I have 5 month old b/g twins. Addyson Grace (Addy) is my little girl and Aiden Drew is my little boy. My husband and I just liked the first names, and Drew is a family name on both sides!

B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B
I have 1-1/2 y.o. g-g twins: Alice Leonora Lucie Aurelia They have a 2 months old sister named Julia Rosalyn.

I have 12 year old fraternal twins their names are... Cody Christopher & Kyleigh Krystine! :grin:

R
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
R
"expecting MORE grandtwins in January.. and their father is one of my twin boys!" Okay, now both of your identical twins are biologically fathers to your pending grandtwins. If your other twin has children then what would normally be cousins will be half-siblings. If one pair of these half-siblings (your grandkids) is a set of identical twins then when they have children what should relationship speaking be their parent's cousins will actually be their half-aunt or half-uncle! Your grandkids children will have two biological grandfathers on one side of the family (what should be their great uncle). I do find it funny that if my twin has children they will also be mine. Alas I don't want any or we could have the cousin/half-siblings scenario. I don't know what it would be like for my twin's husband knowing that his kids are also biologically mine?

R
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
R
Ooops, sorry! My twin and I are called Alison Moira and Lorna Jane. Our older sister is called Rona Christine. Names were just chosen in the normal way rather than the new trend towards twins having 'pair' names. Had we been boys we were going to be Douglas and Gregor. The weirdest thing was that when I got married (my twin wasn't) and my surname changed to Hamilton my twin was occasionally heard calling herself Alison Hamilton. And admittedly once I became used to my new surname I occasionally said Lorna and Alison Hamilton.

R
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
R
"Zarhia Rielle [pronounces Zar-EE-ah Rye-Lee] and Aiden ???? " Funny but a second name starting with R seems to scan best, also with an 'ay' sound after it? It rolls easily from the 'n'. What about Aiden Raine? Obviously depends on your surname though. Zarhia Rielle can have the initials ZRO and nickname Zero, kinda cool! If Aiden had a middle name beginning with M then he could be AMO. Aiden Zane? Aiden Ralph (pronounced Rafe)? Aiden Gael? Aiden Gabe? You can tell I can't get away from how well another 'ay' sound scans :-D

R
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
R
Aiden Gray?

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Originally Posted By: Random

The weirdest thing was that when I got married (my twin wasn't) and my surname changed to Hamilton my twin was occasionally heard calling herself Alison Hamilton. And admittedly once I became used to my new surname I occasionally said Lorna and Alison Hamilton.

Wow, I find that rather fascinating. I'm always wondering how things will go once my girls are old enough to not spend virtually every waking moment together. One funny thing in their speech about each other is that they have always used the expression "me girls" rather than "we girls" or "us girls" when referring to themselves in the plural. I never bothered to correct when they were younger, figuring they'd just outgrow it, but they're 13 now, and that is the one "twin-speak" they still use. I'm pretty sure they know it's not the way other people talk, but I think that's how they genuinely see themselves as a pair; that is, they are "me" and not "we".

After 13 years, I'm still fascinated by the whole concept of identical genes in separate bodies. And, oh yeah, they don't have matching names: Sarah & Jessica.

smile Maria

R
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
R
I have only ever said "we". Every experience I would talk about growing up involved my twin so was a "we" situation, then I got married so left home and then it was either "we" (husband and I) or "we" twin and I. My default setting is definitely "we" and I say it even when it doesn't apply.

I was just out for dinner with my husband and have to admit I suddenly came over with an "I feel like Alison" moment. My husband can't understand that obviously, but I get them a few times a month, and momentarily it is as if I'm my twin but in my body.

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
My girls are 22 months old and their names are Ava and Olivia :)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.