Alright I have been waiting - these fragrances are both worth calling your AVON lady for, in my opinion!! AVON has different campaigns in different parts of the country. If you do not have U yet, it will be coming to you soon.

U by Ungaro for her has base notes of Orris, creamy sandalwood and sensual musk. (Sandalwood - no wonder I like it). The middle notes are Acacia, lotus flower and osmanthus. The top notes have bergamot, wet freesia, and pepper blossom.

U by Ungaro for him has base notes on natural vetiver, patchouli, and sandalwood. The middle notes are comprised of cardamom and cedarleaf. The top notes have green mandarin leaf, ruby red grapefruit, and pomegranate.

U FOR HER is very feminine and smells soft, yet "womanly powerful". I would wear this with a 9-5 suit, and also after 5. I had an image of some women flash through my mind when I was smelling this...our opinion may differ....Angela Lansbury, Grace Kelly, Reese Witherspoon (who is the spokesperson), Kate Hudson, and Jennifer Anniston.

U FOR HIM smells like a man should be wearing it. I would definitely buy this for the man in my life!! Men it brought to mind are: Pierce Brosnan, Clark Gable, Timothy Dalton, Robert Wagner, Robert Redford, and this may sound crazy - but - Robin Williams, also.

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum