Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
I am really proud of my son. We just moved to a new neighborhood; and, this year for his 7th birthday he wanted to have an evangelistic party for the neighborhood kids. Now, our neighborhood is not known for having the best reputation, we don't know anyone, and I had no idea of how many people to expect.

Although, we prepared the logistics weeks in advance, we passed out invitations 4 hours before the party. Fifteen children showed up, played football, learned a little about Jesus, and ate, ate, ate.

I was amazed at how hungry these children were. I was afraid that I did not have enough food (I only bought 6 frozen pizzas, 2 gallons of grape drink, and a 1/4 sheet cake). But, to my surprise I had enough for 4ths.

Mathematically, I have no clue how I was able to feed those children. God certainly does provide especially when you're doing His work!

I am happy things turned out okay for my son's party. I did not want people to bring gifts. So, a part of me felt like I cheated him because I always try to make birthdays really special with lots of goodies. But, he was okay and really enjoyed himself.

I thank God for a child whose heart and eyes are open enough to be able to see other people's needs -- those kids were hungry physically and spiritually. We took 2 kids to church with us the next day. Glory be to God!

Was I afraid to open my house up to strangers in a bad neighborhood? Yes. Did I pray about what we were attempting to do? Yes. Children (the ones we know and don't know) need to know someone cares for and about them. Apparently from the response I got from some of the guests, we exposed them to a different way of life.

We need to reclaim our youth from the grip of the world. Pray about ways you can make a difference in your corner of the neighborhood.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Pretty cool... and I agree we do need to reclaim our youth! smile

My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither, but just enjoy your ice cream while it's on your plate~ that's my philosophy. (T.H. Wilder)
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Thank you so much for your feedback. You are right, we need to do more that makes sense.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.