Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I have a desktop shredder and I do keep a box of to-be-shredded stuff. I do a bit here and there when i need to get up and take a little break.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shred! Shred now! Take it one step at a time!

My bedroom and bathroom have stayed clean, hurrah! Today we bought some more plastic storage bins and I did hours of work on the kitchen. The floor was actually clear enough to have Scooba run for a while!

We also got a new shelf stand to put my dance dance revolution tv on - that's in the basement. So while we were reorganizing the basement we pulled out some wood panels which then went in the attic to provide more storage space up there. So we made a lot of progress! I am really encouraged with how clean the kitchen got - although it's only about half done. The floors are now clear but the counters are covered with stuff smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I'm making progress on the kitchen! The center island is clean, and the little table next to it too!

And Bob is down getting the motorcycle working!! Yeah!

Is anybody else cleaning up just one room or area?

Low Carb Forum
S
Gecko
Gecko
S
I decided to go through my kitchen cabinets and get rid of old food as well as remove things that were taking up space that should go else where. I discovered a box of crackers that had been in there for at least 3 years. So that got trashed. And I had glass jars galore that I don't know what I was saving them all for. So I put them all in the recycle bin. Then I discovered old glassware that I decided should go to the attic because it is never used. But when I got to the attic I found an even bigger project. My Lord. What a mess up there! I need to box things up there and donate boxes to Good Will. It's time. smile

P.S. I actually wrote a whole article called Creative Clutter Clearing, but figured it wasn't related to creativity so never posted it on the Creativity site, but it was loaded with cleaning tips.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Summer cleaning is great! Often charities will drive right to your house and pick up things. In our area the BigBrothers do that. So all you have to do is bring those boxes out of the attic, give them a once-over, then put them at the end of your driveway. Problem solved!

Really my vote is if something is really never used, it should go to charity so that someone else can adore it and use it daily as their favorite item smile You're sharing the wealth!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I really want to get our "music room" functional again - the one with my piano keyboard and Bob's drums in it. It is always full of junk and I can't ever play the piano! The problem is it has 8 bags of "fluffy plastic" (for packing) in it. As if we'll ever need that much, but I can't bring myself to throw away packing materials. Really what I should do is find things to sell or ship to friends that need packing material and use it all up smile

Plus there are like 15 posters lying in the middle of the floor that need to be given away in these forum contests. You all should chime in on those contests to win one, so I can get my floor space back! Remember, editors can enter and win!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Lisa with shipping materials it's good to make a free or low cost post on craigslist. Someone could use them if yo don't want em, and then you are also recycling. smile

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Well we do ship a ton of things between origami and everything else we do, so I imagine it'll be useful sometime. I have to ramp up our sending-out efforts to get them in use smile

I cleaned the downstairs bathroom!! Three rooms are clean now!! There are "pending projects" in both bathrooms but those are Bob's responsibility. We have a fan to put in the upstairs one and a new toilet to put in the downstairs one. Now I have to encourage him to get those done. We've had those items for over a year smile

Plus I steam cleaned the upstairs hallway!! Progress!!

Our Scooba is still out of commission. I got a new charger for it but it still won't work. Now I have ordered a new battery and am waiting for it to come in!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Still no Scooba battery. Now the Roomba upstairs had its battery die. Sheesh! smile Still, I have 3 clean rooms and a clean upstairs hallway. James is coming over so now I have to spend an hour cleaning out his room. When he's gone it fills up with all my origami supplies, so I have to stuff them all back into the closet ...

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK I got the scooba running! The kitchen floor is clean!! The kitchen itself is half clean - I have the table and one counter left to declutter. I really feel like progress is being made here!!

James' room is clean too - I got all the origami supplies away!!

Low Carb Forum
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Tammy - Cleaning Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:59 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.