Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#438291 07/25/08 02:20 PM
K
k2y Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
I just posted an article about dating deal breakers and am wondering, what are some of your own deal breakers?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
After reading your aticle - I agree with them all. The poor hygiene/appearance one especially...

I met a man at a bookstore. Remember Taxi? Remember the Reverend Jim Ignatowski played brilliantly by Christopher Lloyd?
Well - my date looked like an imitation of Christopher Lloyd playing that part. Oh for Pete's sake - dress up when you meet someone...that told me so much about him. No way!

If men are late meeting me for the first time - that is one strike!

If men talk tooooo much about old girlfriends or the ex-wife...that is another reason for me to look for the exit.

How much they smoke or drink is something else I watch. I was married to an alcoholic for 14 years and will NEVER do that again! I do not smoke, so I do not care to breathe in 2nd hand smoke.

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

N
N
If anyone is in a relationship or have been, then yui need to read "HOW TO PLAY THE GAME, NOT THE FOOL" by Traice Turner...I read it and felt like she knew me and was all in my relationship business..I loved it and you will too.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Hi Nikki, welcome to the forum,

Rosie L
M
M
Heavy drinking, any amount of smoking and drug use. To many sexual partners. Weather or not they've cheated in the past. Keeping in contact with ex's alot. And most importantly if they arent funny.

[url= http://www.relationshipatoz.com] RelationshipAtoZ [/url]
M
M
a dating deal breaker for me is when a guy asks you way to many questions on a date that almost feels like an interrogation rather than conversation!

D
Shark
Shark
D
I'm newly single as of August and last night I had a blind date with the brother of my mechanic. You wanna talk about a dating deal braker...All he did was talk about wanting to have sex with me to test that his heart valve surgery worked. He bragged about his middle name being lapper. When he walked me to my car he actually whipped it out and asked if I�d kiss it good night. I told him to back off or I�d slam his �Carter� in my door. At one point in the evening he said smokers always smell, I said �I smoke does, my hair smell�? He said �I don�t know; pull up your dress�. Needless to say...I won't be talking to him again.

L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
what rock did this guy crawl from? you SHOULD have slammed it in the car door not only for yourself but for ALL women! what a freakin' neanderthal.

D
Shark
Shark
D
My sister wants to meet him so she can smash his knee caps with a baseball bat. I can't believe my mechanic doesn't know his brother has no respect for women. BTW, the date was 56 and never been married, lots of money, decent looks but no class. And I wasn't dressed nor acting like I was looking for a one night stand.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Originally Posted By: dmichelle
I'm newly single as of August and last night I had a blind date with the brother of my mechanic. You wanna talk about a dating deal braker...All he did was talk about wanting to have sex with me to test that his heart valve surgery worked. He bragged about his middle name being lapper. When he walked me to my car he actually whipped it out and asked if I�d kiss it good night. I told him to back off or I�d slam his �Carter� in my door. At one point in the evening he said smokers always smell, I said �I smoke does, my hair smell�? He said �I don�t know; pull up your dress�. Needless to say...I won't be talking to him again.

lol no wonder he has never been married. Did you tell your mechanic about his brother?

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
D
Shark
Shark
D
No....And guess what? He's not my mechanic anymore. If I run into him, I'll let him ask then tell him his brother is the biggest PIG I ever met.

P
P
oh dear god that sounds like the worst date ever to be on, verging on sexual harrassment! If that is how he behaves on dates then it would surprise me if he ever gets passed the first one...

Hmmm...eyeing up other women is a deal breaker for me. I can take a man finding another woman attractive, but not blatantly oggling her like I wasn't there. A man that is funny about money is also another, you know the ones where they delibrately pause over the bill and make the whole situation uncomfortable. I'm not suggesting that men should always pay I just wish some of them would have the balls to say 'are we going halfers?' rather than making a kerfuffle over nothing.
Hygeine is also another thing, it says a lot about what the man or woman has staked on the date working out if they dress to impress or if they turn up in work gear. I would not be impressed if a man I was dating turned up like he had just gone to play football especially if I had taken my time getting ready, trying to look nice for him. I would probably walk out the door.
Coming on too strong is another thing, some men like to show how much they like you by clinging on and perhaps being rather affectionate and needy, when all I want is a bit of conversation and a nice meal.
Inviting friends along, or going to speak with friends for a prolonged length of time. Warning to men: you are on a date, not a social party and whilst it is acceptable to have a little natter nothing too longwinded or your date may have too natter to that lovely italian waiter.

Hi pinkerbell, just want to welcome you to the forum, We hope that you enjoy your stay!
Rosie

Rosie L
D
Shark
Shark
D
Sounds like you and I had been dating some of the same men...other than Wart Hog man...

I totally agree with your deal breakers!

The best part about that date, is it made me make up my mind to date one guy exclusively. I couldn't wait to get home, call him and tell him that I'd made up my mind to date only him.

D
Shark
Shark
D
it made me make up my mind to date one guy exclusively. I couldn't wait to get home, call him and tell him that I'd made up my mind to date only him.

Changed my mind...

I have never put much emphasis on money; it never crossed my mind. I guess because the guys I've dated, paid all the time. This guy can't seem to find his wallet. I am the only one to blame though. I paid for too much too long. My bad!

I'm going back to stalking men in the grocery store. grin

I'll keep y'all posted. wink

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I'm going back to stalking men in the grocery store.

In the produce aisle at the Wal-Mart? lol Thats what they say in that song anyway. lol

A song title that escapes me now lol.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I thought the batting cages were the hottest new place to find dates?

That's where my brother always seems to meet the ladies he goest out with. Of course if a woman is NOT interested in baseball, then they have no chance with him anyway, LOL!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Originally Posted By: ChelleLaunch&Spirituality
I thought the batting cages were the hottest new place to find dates?

That's where my brother always seems to meet the ladies he goest out with. Of course if a woman is NOT interested in baseball, then they have no chance with him anyway, LOL!

I heard you were hanging out at the batting cages, Chelle. I thought it was because you liked baseball...smile

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I go to the batting cages so that I can be sure to be in top swinging shape the next time I see the whites of your eyes! cool

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
cool

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Hmm...
I go to the dating forum and I find Michelle and Vance duking it out. I can hear the gossip starting now.

Last edited by Lynne Chapman; 12/10/08 04:24 PM.
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
If there is any gossip, then it because Chelle started to spread it. I made a perfectly innocent post and she wants to beat me up.

See? You guys think I am crazy that she has it out for me. lol

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
I like your article! I'd add to that list common courtesy or respect. My ex ran 2 hours late on our first date. He thought that was normal. I should have taken it as a sign. 2 years later he still did the same thing but it amplified to not coming home or calling to let me know. We are no longer together.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.