Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Gecko
Gecko
S
My in-laws are the most religious people I've ever known. They have always been the most accepting of my husband and my relationship than anyone else in the history of our relationship and we've been married 24 years. There are many interracial marriages in the family. It has always been a blessing and refreshing to have the love and support of his Christian family behind our love. I am happy for your family support as well as the church support you receive!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
My dad was always asking me if the new guy I was dating was black or white (or B or W as he would put it). Initially he wasn't very happy about the fact I was dating a black guy & was concerned it was becoming "serious". Well, he finally met Michael & has gotten over his silliness.

We are getting married next year and I will be moving to Miami. You all are making me wonder if finding a church that will be accepting will be a problem for us.

S
Gecko
Gecko
S
Jeanne - I would say find the church that both of you like and that "you're" comfortable with and forget about what other people think. I trust that you will have a better experience than my husband and I. My husband is a little on the sensitive side to the issues of prejudice because of his growing up and attending an all white Catholic parochial school and being called the "n" word among other things in the 60s. So like I said in an earlier post, he has no tolerance as an adult for any perceived rudeness whether it was intended or not. I can go to church without him, but for now I chose to worship God in my own way from my own home. I don't feel any less a Christian. So I suppose it doesn't carry as much weight coming from me when I say to treat church as just a smaller version of the broader society in general. Congratulations on your wedding plans! I hope the two of you with be very happy.

A
Gecko
Gecko
A
Originally Posted By: Jeanne Daigle
My dad was always asking me if the new guy I was dating was black or white (or B or W as he would put it). Initially he wasn't very happy about the fact I was dating a black guy & was concerned it was becoming "serious". Well, he finally met Michael & has gotten over his silliness.

We are getting married next year and I will be moving to Miami. You all are making me wonder if finding a church that will be accepting will be a problem for us.

It shouldn't. My husband and I never had a problem from our church...just from stupid people in general. *wry grin*

Angela England
Neice Offline OP
OP Offline
[b][/b]Hey Rosie,

That is truly a plus... Thanks

Neice Offline OP
OP Offline
[b][/b]That is a blessing! This has been a hot topic among friends and family lately...We know our experiences. I just thank God to hear so many wonderful experiences.

Neice Offline OP
OP Offline
Wow, for all of you who have had great experiences in your church! All are not the same that is for sure. Negative comments were truly made in general and a bit at certain churches but not all.

Neice Offline OP
OP Offline
[b][/b]
Originally Posted By: Angela, Pregnancy Editor
Neice - the thought stems from very misinterpreted scriptures that directed God's chosen people (Isreal) not to intermarry with the countries who worshipped idols. Not to intermarry with the other countries around them. The problem with interpreting those Scriptures in that manner is that it isn't an accurate interpretation of God's INTENT or His blessings in Scripture on people of other races.

His INTENT in those commands was that the isrealites would not be led astray into idol worship. His concern was not with a mingling of the races, but with a corruption of worship and commitment to HIM! We see MANY examples through the Old Testament of foreigners who transferred their religious allegiance and were welcomed - some who even became members of the geneology of Christ!

Paul solidifies this interpretation when he warns Christians "Not to be unequally yoked: believers with unbelievers." THAT is what God was saying in the OT.

Examples in the OT of foreigners who joined the Isrealites include the Egyptians who left during the Exodus; Rahab the prostitute who's entire family joined with Isreal as a result of her belief in God's power and her willingness to help the spies; Ruth who was a foreigner and ended up become grandmother to King David himself. (And descendant to Jesus!) Hardly something God would do if he disapproved of interracial marriages!

The truth is any Christian who actually studies this for themselves instead of buying in to backwards, ignorant interrpretation based on historical prejudices instead of true apologetics canNOT hold to this belief as there is NO Biblical support for such statements. At all.

Blessings,
Angela <><
Proud mother to two biracial children with one on the way. :-)

Incidentally - my husband is one of the most amazing men I've ever met. In college someone who wanted to date me said "Does your Dad care that you're dating a ______ <insert derogatory term here>?" I said "Honestly - My dad hasn't even noticed the color of my boyfriend's skin. HE knows it takes a lot more then skin to make a man. Something YOU obviously haven't figured out yet." *laughing* People DO say the dumbest things sometimes don't they?
Angela, you are absolutely correct. I personally know that a lot of people are missing out on meeting wonderful men and women of God being foolish and hateful. I had blogged on something like this before on a christian site. Let me just share this, no one wanted to say anything because the topic was "too sticky and sensitive". Most of the so called christians would email me privately because they didn't want to post their comments. I was like WOW!

Neice Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: skyhaven
Hi Neice, welcome to the forum I have 4 children of mixed race.
I'm sure you will meet many nice people here at Bella, whom do not judge people,
Thanks, Rosie, I bet they are the cutiest little darlings!

Neice Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Jamise- Action Movies Ed
Tis true. I've experienced so much I stopped going to my church of six years. A place where minorities can sing in the choir, pass out flyers, or "maybe" watch the children during service. But they can't sit on the financial board, or the church expansion board. And the worst part is sometimes they will pray and the prayers are racist. For example: A family was going on a missionary trip to Africa. And the pastor said pray for them, they'll be the only "white people" in the village. I was just stunned. I wanted to stand up and shout, do you mean the only Christians? It was a truly surreal experience, one of many going to this church. And while I'll pray for those folks, and I'll forgive them. Enough is enough. That is only one example of the many racially unbalanced experiences I suffered through.
Now, you see it is stuff like that I wonder about...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lynne - ChristianLiving 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.