Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#436707 07/19/08 04:09 AM
S
symonds Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I think addiction was the main reason for stress. So we must try to come out from it otherwise we may face lot of problems.

----------
symonds
Addiction Recovery New Hampshire

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Wait, are you asking what other people's reasons for stress are?

G
G
A recent study has shown that people who are under the medication of anti depressants drive worse than the people who do not take anti depressants. Antidepressants have been seen to lower the driving skills of even experienced drivers after they have started taking depression pills.BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Medications effect people in different ways, I took xanax for many years among many other anti depressant meds. still taking anti depression meds. All anti depression meds come labeled with a warning " Use Care When operating a car or dangerous machines." There are more accidents caused by people drinking and driving while taking these meds.
Gregory, and Symonds noticed that yous are newbies, welcome to the forum, Hope you enjoy your stay
"Rosie"

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Originally Posted By: symonds
I think addiction was the main reason for stress. So we must try to come out from it otherwise we may face lot of problems.

----------
symonds
Addiction Recovery New Hampshire

Actually, it is the opposite effect.

Most people become addicts (of any sort - alcohol, drugs, food, cigarettes) as a coping mechanism. So stress tends to lead to addiction.

As to the driving/ anti-depressants thing. Being one who suffers from Depression (and takes medication for it) myself, yes - there is that first little learning curve where it can make you sleepy. But the overall effect- I am more alert on the road now. Because before my mind was constantly taken up with the fear and anxiety that I felt being outside. I think that made me a more dangerous driver on the whole. And I believe thast is what also leads to more "road rage" type incidents.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
S
Shark
Shark
S
Taking on more than you can handle is another stressful part of life. And driving when your trying to talk on a cell phone, smoke and discipline the kids is really bad.

V
V
Change you attitude.

From a spiritual point of view, you have to realize that whatever is destined to happen, will happen. Those who try to cling to something are the most stressed people. Nothing is permanent. Everything is changing. So just learn to let go and feel the magic happening in you.

D
D
i think the reason for stress is by making some situation more complex, instead of ignoring it.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Originally Posted By: dudley good
i think the reason for stress is by making some situation more complex, instead of ignoring it.

That may work for some situations. But for things like money problems, marital problems, kids into drugs, etc. just ignoring the problem is going to make it worse!

In my house I have an incredibly strssful situation that involves my entire family. Burying my head in the sand and ignoring it would guarantee my oldest son would wind up in jail one day and my daughter would be scarred for life. So instead I take it one step (not even a day) one step at a time. I have to do A, then i can move on to B, then C. By focusing on what needs to immediately needs to get done, instead of getting overwhelmed by the entire picture- I am making it through all of this.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Hello everyone. I am new to the site, and new to posting in forums i suppose. I'm 23 years old and also feel the same pain in my arm and chest for about 1 year now. I was told once that it might be because of i drink soda and my be allergic to caffeine. Tried non caffeinated, but it still happens. It only seems to happen when I am starting to get really nervous but never put two and two together. So recently i decided to see what else may be the cause. I saw a couple of doctors, and each time they suggested that these were common among minor panic attacks. I was shocked. Never could i believe that i would ever be experiencing a panic attack. I have also noticed that I'm losing a lot more sleep than usual. I'm not to excited to use prescription medicine because I've had bad experiences before. I'm sure that i need to do some more research but i figured the best way to get information is to talk to others with the same symptoms.

Last edited by Stress; 09/25/08 12:02 AM.

Helping you solve your hardest questions with the best answers you deserve

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DebbieMandel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.