Page 1 of 2 1 2
#437118 07/21/08 05:49 AM
L
Lisa H Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
L
I've seen decorators use some odd things for headboards. Shamefully, I don't even have one right now, but I like the idea of using something unconventional. What's your headboard?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
My DD makes furniture from found wood, and I love the bed she made from a shipwrecked sailboat that was cast up on the shore. The headboard is from the side of the boat, it is slanted and has a porthole in it!

L
Lisa H Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
L
oh that is so cool. you should post a picture, I'll bet it's amazing

B
Koala
Koala
B
I don't have one either and liked what they did on a HGTV show, think it was designed to sell or design on a dime. I wish that show had a magazine so I could save the stuff I like. Maybe I should make a suggestion at their site.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
C
Shark
Shark
C
Pretty or interesting pieces of wrought iron make a nice "headboard" attached to the wall above the bed. Even an old gate or two gates side-by-side would be neat above a bed. Just make sure they're securely attached to the wall! Sometimes you can luck up and find these things for very little money.

cela
Gecko
Gecko
I saw an amazing upholstered "headboard" made from a big square of foam pad. They had attached it to the wall and upholstered it with the same fabric that was used in the valances over the windows. They tufted it with covered buttons and it looked fantastic. I'll bet that it was more comfortable than a stack of pillows when they wanted to read or watch television in bed, too!

I suppose that this style of faux headboard appeals to me because when I was a kid my neighbor had one of those gorgeous antique, half tester beds and one night it fell! I don't know if it broke or wasn't secured properly or what but it made me very cautious about what hangs over my head while I'm sleeping.

C
Shark
Shark
C
Oooh, that sounds scary. I worry about ceiling fans falling. We had a neighbor whose fan fell--just missed their little girl.

cela
A
A
msbaby,
I would love to have a headboard like that. Where did you see it? In person, the web, or on TV? I would love to find out how to make this.

L
Lisa H Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
L
I think I have an article up here- how to make a fabric headboard. here it is, how to make a fabric headboard enjoy

Gecko
Gecko
Sorry that I haven't answered you sooner, amykitty, but somehow I didn't see your question. I saw the process on one of those HGTV shows and it seemed pretty simple to do. You might search over on their site and find the episode.

The reason I dropped back by here is because I saw another headboard alternative that I liked. Well, it's really a painting technique that might pull the attention away from the fact that you don't have a headboard. I found the picture while looking for a comforter in a particular color. The bed in the pic has an upholstered headboard, but it struck me that the room might even look better without it. What do y'all think?

TREE WALL PAINTING

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.