logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
The group, under the cover of night, moves back into the tunnel, heading once more into the underground warrens. Retracting their steps, they find themselves looking out at the main cavern.

Before, this had been a buzz of activity, with goblins training, and a constant stream of goblins moving from east to west, toward Artesia.

Now, the cavern is nearly empty, a bare dozen goblins moving through it. Those leave by the western tunnel, and silence descends.

Their goblin ally points toward the western tunnel.

"That way to Goblin King. Sacrifice in huge cavern under the water, all goblins be there to watch."

Sponsored Post Advertisement
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Can we really trust this goblin freak?" Kam asked in a frustrated tone.

"Well, at this point, we really do not have a choice." Randol replied unsure himself if the goblin can be trusted. "Let's just go down the tunnel as he says and we will see. He hasn't steered us wrong yet."

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
The goblin looks sideways at Kam, a crafty expression on his face.

"You go first," he offers. She simply looks at him until he lowers his eyes and heads into the tunnel.

The tunnel is larger than the one they'd used to get to the surface. It also seems to have been carved, rather than naturally formed. Now and then the remains of carvings can be seen on the walls, although time and goblins have rendered them unrecognizable.

After a time, the goblin halts.

"We close now. You want to sneak to get close to King. Many guards before we get to sacrifice chamber."

Gecko
Gecko
Derissa looked around the tunnel. This was it...do or die. Her fingers rested on the bag of holding at her waist--the one that had her spellbook in it. Randol had so graciously given her that one spell, but she hesitated to use it. It was more powerful than she was and she wasn't sure what the outcome would be. Nah, she'd take her chances. What was the worst that could happen? Wait, no. She didn't want an answer that badly.

She thought a moment. "Sacrifice, huh...hmmm....maybe we won't have to sneak..." She turned to Randol and stared at him a moment. "Do you trust me?" She knew it was a stupid question. "Don't answer that. We don't have time. You cloak everyone and follow...and you," she pointed to the goblin, "How'd you like to be a hero?"

The goblin's ears perked.

"Randol, tie my wrists, just not tightly. We'll have our goblin friend just lead me to the Goblin King. No fighting of guards that way... I'll be a 'sacrifice.' Once we get there, we can let Kam beat up stuff and fight, if we have to..." She lifted her wrists. "What'dya say? C'mon...ya know ya wanna tie me up..." She gave him a sly smile and a wink.

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
"[Kryssie] plans to take over the world one banner at a time"
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Randol smiled at Derissa's remark and thought to himself, "If she only knew..."

Suddenly, reality hit him. Tie Derissa up and let the goblin take her down for a sacrifice? He wasn't keen on the idea but thought that she had a point. He can cloak everyone and float down to the sacrifice pits and can make her invisible too if he had to. He didn't like the idea but he would go along with it.

"Alright, I will tie your hands loose enough so that you can escape if you need to." He then looked at the goblin and said, "If you double cross us, I will rip your head off and mount it on the wall in my home."

"No, I help. I want to be King."

Randol grabbed some vine, tied Derissa's hands behind her back as loosely as he could and put his hands on her shoulders and said, "Derissa, anytime you feel it isn't going to work, you get out of the vine and get out of the area."

With that, he kissed her full on the lips for a moment and when he pulled back, he said, "Good luck."

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Gecko
Gecko
Derissa grumbled slightly as Randol tied her hands behind her. He'd make a terrible rogue. She just hoped he hadn't used poison ivy vines. She'd make sure to get him back for th---

Derissa blinked, her thoughts interrupted. She wasn't quite sure what to do. Well, she knew what to do, but she didn't know what to do. Stabbing him wasn't exactly an option at the moment...

So, she closed her eyes and kissed him back.

When he pulled back from her, she stared at him. She almost missed his wish of good luck. "Uh, right... y-you, too..." She looked around at the rest of the group. Kam was rolling her eyes and muttering, "...about bloody time...," Benedict had his nose buried in a book, the goblin was smiling sinisterly.

"Stay focused, Randol. ...and be happy I can't reach my dagger..."

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Sounds of goblins moving toward them from the way they had come interrupted the group. The goblin King-to-be took Derissa's arm and started leading her deeper down the corridor, leading the others to fend for themselves.

"Hope you don't get me killed," the goblin mutters as they enter a huge cavern lit by a combination of torches and glowing fungus, creating an eerie and unsettling effect. The feeling that the shadows hold watching creatures is impossible to shake.

The cavern is crowded with goblins, some milling around, some sleeping, some fighting, some playing dice games. There must be several hundreds of them, if not a thousand.

The far end of the cavern is a large raised ledge of rock, standing fifteen feet above the rest of the cavern. Narrow stairs on each side of the cavern lead up to the ledge. On the ledge is what looks like an altar, a dozen goblins, half a dozen robed figures, and a cage that holds three humans.

Behind them is a stone circle embedded into the wall of the cavern. The stone is carved with many strange and mysterious glyphs and symbols.

With a tug, the goblin starts pulling Derissa through the press of goblins, toward the raised ledge.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
The camaraderie of the goblins stopped and a hush fell over the throng of the goblins in the cavern.

The goblin king, sitting on his throne on a ledge above everybody, turned and looked at the goblin leading Derissa into the center court.

"Your Majesty, I found this human. She is trying to rescue the captives. I caught her."

The goblin king got off of his throne, set his drink down and walked down the staircase to the court.

The goblin King looked at her and smiled. "You would make good queen. Very pretty. Too bad you would try to escape or try to kill me." He then got right in her face and hissed at her very loudly.

Randol but was about to go and rescue her but Kam grabbed him.

"Easy, Loverboy. He is just showing his [censored], trying to scare her. She will signal if she needs us." Kam said being the voice of reason for once. However, she was chomping at the bit to throw a bunch of goblins into the fire down off of the ledges.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Gecko
Gecko
Derissa smiled slightly. She finally got her chance to say it... "Give me the prisoners. Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City to take back the humans that you have stolen. For my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom is as great..." She paused a moment, furrowing her brow. "Damn. I can never remember that line...Oh, yeah, You have no power over me!"

Except for that backhand to the face. Too bad not everything was the same as the movies. "Ow! Hey! That's not what happens next!"

"It is here. Stupid human. Put in cage with others."

Derissa glanced around. "Cage you say? With a lock? Oh, please...don't lock me up!" Perhaps the creator and controller of Derissa's life, she began to think, had seen one too many movies. Whatever movies were. The goblin grinned and pushed her forward. "Ow, listen pal," she growled from the side of her mouth, "not so hard. Remember...I have back-up and I don't mean Kam."

The goblin gulped. Kam was bad enough. He didn't want to find out what was worse than Kam.

Which was good. Because Derissa was bluffing. She had no plan. She didn't think her first plan would get to the activation stage, so her current plan was to plan more... which was she was working on...quickly.

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Randol watched as they put Derissa in a cage. He heaved a sigh of relief that her mouth didn't get her thrown right into the fire.

He watched the goblin carefully as he stood guard at her cage door. Each of the cages had a goblin standing guard at the doors of the cages. Apparently, this means that these are the goblins who captured the prisoners and they will be rewarded handsomely after the sacrifices.

Derissa looked around at the surroundings to assess her situation and looked at the distraught man in the cage just a couple of feet away from her.

She had wondered if this was Caleb or if Caleb was even still alive. She also wondered about her rag tag group of compatriots and how they were fairing. Then she thought about the kiss. "Why did he kiss me like that? Damn him for making me weak at the moment. He is lucky I couldn't reach my dagger." she thought to herself. Then it hit her, she still had a dagger in her boot. She smiled because she knew that it may come in handy.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Leif - Role Playing Games 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.