logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
This month's Book Club Selection is - What Happy Women Know

Do you believe there is an emotional and/or physical connection between happiness and success? Are happier people more successful?

You can paticipate in the discussion even if you haven't read the book ---

If you haven't read the article about What Happy Women Know on the Self Development site, here's a link: What Happy Women Know - A Review

Sharon Michaels
Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Yes and no. I think possibly at least SOME of the time, people are happy because they are reaching success as THEY define it. Also I think that being positive and happy and believing you can reach your goals can certainly help bring them about!

I leave the child-rearing to people who feel called to it. I've never felt that call.
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
This is a tough one. I think being peaceful makes you happy which leads to success. Or at least i have noticed that is the case with me. smile

S
S
I have always heard that if you do what you love you are more likely to become successful. By enjoying it you should do it better

I saw an interview with simon cowel (sp?) from american idol on the news the other day. He was talking about why he got into the music industry and he flat out stated that it wasnt because of some love of music instead, he said he wanted to be rich. And he has been successful...

Maybe some people are just made happier by being successful? Of course I dont think I would want to hang out with those people

Zebra
Zebra
Well, I think both are based on personal definitions, so it's rather subjective, of course. But, I've known very successful people who were miserable human beings. And, I've known happy people who, in the eyes of the "world" were not successful.

I think I read somewhere that there are two kinds of people who reach huge success in business:

One is the type who is passionate about business & success--the kind like Cowell, who just want to be rich (or hugely successful). CEO's of major corporations tend to fall into this category.

The other is the type who is passionate about something that they then find a way to make loads of money doing. Your company founders are often this type, as are artistic types--writers, etc.

And, the older I get, the more I believe happiness is a learned skill. I know some people who seem "born happy"; who have better dispositions from the beginning. And, I know some people who seeminlgly have everything and yet are always complaining and are in fact, just miserable.

Personally, I think I've made a conscious choice to be happy or get happy since I've been an adult. (Often easier said than done, of course.) But, I made choices to be successful most of my life without even realizing it--good grades, awards, promotions, raises, etc. So, I wonder why the difference in the two?

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Right I would define success as being happy with your world. If you make $90k a year and are miserable and think you're doing poorly, is that success? And yet making $90k/yr puts you in the top tiny percentage of the world, so according to worldwide standards you are a HUGE huge success and very rich if you make $90k/yr.

I am sure there are women in African who make under $1k/yr, who have a content family in their quiet grass hut and who feel very successful because of that.

So I think happiness defines success. If you have built a life which nets you $90k/yr and you feel stressed and unhappy, then that's not successful ...

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.