The World is Our Classroom!
Homeschooling

Exotic Pets
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Box turtles. I've got three ornate box turtles and one three-toed box turtle (see my avatar).

Parakeet
Parakeet
Snakes and rabbits - although I'm not sure that rabbits should be considered "exotics" anymore since they are apparently the third most popular pet in the US (I'm guessing that isn't including fish.) I've always wanted a boa, but since I've always had rabbits or housemates with rodents. I need to have fish or bug eating snakes so I don't smell like food! I haven't had a snake in a long time but I keep thinking about getting another one (my sweetie would not appreciate it though! :-( )

Julie

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Iguanas. I think they are the perfect pet. We don't have one now but I have in the past owned two. They are clean and quiet and easy to feed. Mine love tomato, avacado, lettuce, shredded carrots and bananas. I had a "hot rock" in their cage and a tall sturdy tree branch with many limbs for them to climb on and boxes for them to hide in.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Amoeba
Amoeba
Ferrets. Over the years we've had many many ferrets. We have only 2 now and when these 2 pass we're not getting anymore. As much as we love them, we're getting older and we're finding that taking care of them is hard on us. Also we're wanting to travel and it's very difficult to find someone to take care of our fur babies.

A
Gecko
Gecko
A
Not sure they are exactly considered "exotics" but we are about to get another pair of gerbils and I'm SO excited. We used to have a couple when we first got married and I miss having a warm, fuzzy pocket-pet. :-)

Angela

Angela England
S
S
i have 2 ferrets and 1 sugar glider =) they are soo cute and playful! i also have 3 cats and a dog... anyone else have suggies?

sugaababy, welcome to the forum, we hope that you enjoy your stay

Rosie L
W
W
My weakness has always been rabbits (though I agree, they really shouldn't be considered 'exotics' any more, yet still are by veterinarians). I'm currently owned by two; one is a little agouti mixed breed named Anna, who was found wandering around in a neighborhood and was taken to the Humane Society, where I adopted her, and the other is my goofy English lop, Yofi. Yofi is a clown in a rabbit suit, I swear! They have their own cage (a dog crate made for giant breeds of dogs, adapted to have shelves in it), but the door to the cage is always open. They have their own room and hang out in there when I'm not at home, but they also have access to the rest of my house (with the exception of my bedroom) when I'm there to supervise them. And Yofi certainly needs supervising! When he was just a few months old I'd catch him on top of the kitchen table stealing food, in the cat's litter box - he'd figured out how to use the cat flap in the porch door - and he's also been caught on top of the stove in the kitchen.

I love rabbits, have had them all my life (along with dogs and cats, of course). :o)

~Di

Last edited by wondering; 01/03/09 11:19 AM.
Definitely ferrets!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.