logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
The July Issue of Better Homes and Gardens has an article this month in regards to children of the deployed, how to make deployment less stressful, things to do and the like.

One of the things that I liked was something they called a 'Dad Door'. It was a giant cork board attached to the back of the son's bedroom door. It is covered with postcards from Dad, a map of Iraq, pictures, and a calendar that counted down the time left. It also had a shelf built into it so that if the son had ideas of things to talk on the phone to his father about he dropped them into a special bucket, items with which to write letters and other stationery paraphenalia.

Unfortunately BHG apparently does not post all of their articles online, if you were to go out and read it the article is called "Notes from Home" by Linda Vaccariello and starts on page 144.

Wendy Lee
Houseplants Editor
Click here to read the story of our foster dog, Colbert.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
That is a really great idea, I have heard of military families posting boards like these on the inside of their garage door or in the laundry room. I saw a really great one in the kitchen to get the whole family and even friends who cam over involved.

Sarah Fierro
Editor
Military Families @ BellaOnline

<3 Proud military daughter and wife <3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.