Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#430860 06/27/08 07:15 PM
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Has anyone seen the HBO documentary Hacking Democracy? It has been promised that the problem of being able to easily hack into the voting system and change the results with a click, has been "fixed." But has it?

Is it niggling at anyone else that the 2008 election will be tampered with, like the last two were?

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
No, I haven't seen this documentary--I don't have HBO. This is very interesting indeed. It could be an article idea for me. Thank you Shay for posting it.

Last edited by IndependentPartiesCynthia; 06/27/08 10:28 PM.
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I'm looking forward to your article, Cynthia! :-)

Shay

K
k2y Offline
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
I haven't seen that documentary but after the last election, it's not hard to imagine that the electronic voting machines only make it easier to sway the vote in favor of those with the most power.

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Here's the scary part, Kristina. Any hacker in their grandmother's basement can hack in with just a few clicks. Imagine what insiders can do! If you get a chance to see the documentary, you will be stunned at what goes on behind the voting scenes...:O

Shay

K
k2y Offline
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
I added the documentary to my list on netflix.

Does anybody have any ideas on what can be done about this? How can we, as voters, ensure that our votes are not being manipulated in some way?

Hi Kristina,

Thank you for posting. Here is a website: Black Box Voting--this is from the documentary.

This whole political system we have is so complicated. If more people were more aware of this then something could be done. All I know to do is try to inform others. Our mainstream media has let us down when it comes to crucial information.

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Excellent article, Cynthia! It is all truly surreal...

Shay

Thank you Shay for the inspiration!

K
k2y Offline
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
I finally watched the documentary and have never been so appalled at the ease with which the American people have been duped. It is absolutely terrifying to think of all the implications that accompany this realization.

What is even more frightening is the idea that many Americans might be willfully ignorant of issues such as this. Have we truly become so gullible that no one even bothers to question the political process anymore?

If we allow the voice of the people to be silenced, then we can no longer call this a free country.

Thank you for suggesting the Black Box Voting site, it was very informative. I came across another interesting site called Sheeple Vision that is calling for much needed change in virtually every aspect of American life.

I can only hope that the American people wake up and take action before it is too late! I will certainly do my part to help spread the word and encourage Americans to take back the freedoms for which our ancestors fought so hard.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.