logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
G
Reusing the shopping bags is really good idea.Reusing will save our resource .But on the other hand this reused plastic also hazardous to be use .proper care should be taken.

Last edited by BellaOnline; 07/15/08 06:00 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Koala
Koala
J
Here in Arlington, TX we soon won't have a choice about our shopping bags. The city council voted to ban plastic bags from stores.

I used them to scoop up after my dogs when I take them walking so now what? Go buy the special plastic bag rolls of doggie bags in a pet store? seems like that's defeating the purpose.

I've looked into biodegradable bags for doggie waste but they are expensive. Anyone have an idea on what to use?

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Joan, that is such a good point! What is the point of creating a new demand for bags?

Maybe a good compromise would be if storekeepers asked first if customers actually wanted a bag? Then dog owners could say yes, i'll be recycling mine!

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I use cloth bags, only thing is there big, and they pack them real heavy. even when i ask them not to pack them so heavy i am so glad i don't have to carry them up a hill or a lot of steps

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Moe, that is a very interesting lens. Is a lens like a mini-blog?

J
J
I avoid using plastic bags but when I do use them I reuse them as garbage bags

M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
No. I save the bags and bring them to Wal-Mart or Central Market, both stores recycle them.

I also have cloth bags for food shopping and am still not use to bring them into the stores.

S
S
yes i do:)
hmmmmmmmmmmm some time reused items squeeze your budget.do you want to have an attraction towards refurbished items??????No?????

Last edited by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames; 12/24/12 06:28 AM.
Parakeet
Parakeet
I save them but end up using them as garbage bags in the bathrooms etc. I use empty 4L (1 gallon) milk jugs by cutting a hole in the side to store the bags. The jug can hold a lot of bags and make them easy to store. I keep one in the trunk for when I go to the Real Canadian Superstore to get groceries because they don't have bagging services and I don't want to buy more bags.

F
F
If you have plastic bags re-use them otherwise your washing basket serves the purpose. The plain green bags do the trick especially if you have to walk. If you can afford to buy a green at a buck each once a week it will benefit us all in the long run. Plastic bags should be phased out altogether. Designer grocery bags? How ludicrous!

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  JMBusinessOwners 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.