Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#429510 06/23/08 03:17 PM
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Are you are looking for ideas for starting a business, or expanding your current business? Do you know you want to work from home, or at least work for yourself, but wonder just what you should do?

I have been helping people find business ideas for years, and would love to help you, too!

So, here are the rules:

--Remember this is a family forum.
--Be nice.
--Don't even think of spamming.

And, here's all you need to do:

Write a post about what you love to do and would like to turn into a business or add to your existing business. Even if you don't think it's possible! Even if you don't think there's any money in it!

Examples:

What are your hobbies, favorites, passions, causes you support, things your friends/family ask your advice about, things you do better than others, talents, gifts, things you have a flair for, things you wish you could do more of if you had the time, etc.

Post here & we'll brainstorm ideas for you. Even if you think you've already thought of everything, you might be surprised. Pleasantly so!

So, who's first!

P.S., if you're shy about posting, send me a Private Message!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
this sounds fun! what a great idea.

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Thanks, Jilly! I know you have your plan all mapped out, but let me know if you find a sticking point.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
my sticking point is that we seriously need a tax person and accountant. help!

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Oops! I answered this in the other thread. I'll copy it here in case anyone else would like the same tips:

Quote:
Here are some ideas to find a money manager/angel:

Ask the people you deal with in your town. I know it's tiny, but often realtors being independent contractors have good tax people, and I know you work with them.

Don't you run a website about the town/selling houses there? You could put an ad on there, or maybe even barter ad space with an accountant for lowered rates for helping you.

And, you can ask at the library--librarians often know everybody in small towns!

Post an ad on craigslist, maybe? It's free.

Our Taxes editor here might do independent client work, or know someone who does, or you might post in her forum or ask her to put a note in her next newsletter?

Does your town have a chamber of commerce? If so, call them & see if any accountants are members.

Take a look at your local newspapers/websites/free magazines/entertainment guides, whatevery you have for business columns, tax ads and so on -- you could find someone there who can help or refer you to someone else.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
thanks. that is a lot of work. i just want someone to stumble out of the sky, actually. All that is too overwhelming right now. arg. I am a lost cause.

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
LOL--no you're not a lost cause.

Obviously, I misunderstood the question!!! Let me check again. . . nope, no accounting wizards in my bag o'tricks.

But, perhaps we should pose this question in another forum. Do we have a voodoo forum? Ooh, magic--that's the one. And, wiccans do spells, right?

Never fear, Jilly, where there's a will. . . there's a grace. (groan). . . too much caffeine for me!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
heehee, maybe voodoo could help. but you are right, my posting in the taxes forum or something might work. smile

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Yeah, I was a bit silly, but truly, I believe if you put it out there, you'll find someone. Kind of "field of dreams", but true. Although, sometimes, you have to be a bit specific about the field you build.

And, it's so amazing to me that you of the climbing huge rocks and sleeping outdoors has trouble with anything. Oooh, maybe that's your metaphor--each goal is a rock you have to climb and each step is the next "toehold" if you will. You could even draw your action plans that way!

Last edited by BellaDeb; 06/25/08 02:43 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I only have trouble with the little things. Big things are easy. Big things are heroic. Little things trip me up all the time.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  CarlaCano-Walking Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.