Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I'm proud to report that the kitchen table is STILL clean. Here was my secret. We have a new table and I've kept a tablecloth on it because I was paranoid about scratching it. Really, we've had it like 5 months and never used it "bare" because I didn't want to hurt it. Eventually when my dad was over for dinner two nights ago I said, this is silly, if it gets scratched a little we'll live with it. So we ate on placemats and it really looks nice.

So I left it that way. Now we won't put anything on it because we don't want to hurt it - and it looks nice. So if I leave it like this, maybe it'll stay clean!! smile

In other news, I set up a three-shelf unit by Bob's dart area and got the whole dart area all organized and cleaned up. I did a bunch of other cleaning in the basement (including steam cleaning the carpet, mentioned elsewhere). And I got some areas of the kitchen cleaned up. So I'm making real progress!!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
I clean off my kitchen table and lo and behold its full of this and that. all my stuff, my laptop n all kinda stuff. its only me n my grandson no one ever eats at the kitchen table. but i entertain my friend in the kitchen thats where we all sit around the table. clutter n all.

Rosie L
Thats great Lisa keep up the good work

Rosie L
Parakeet
Parakeet
Tomorrow is going to be my "Fighting the Paper Monster" day. My to-be-shredded pile is WAY out of hand, I have a stack of paid bills waiting to be sorted into files or the paper shredder. I also have a stack of miscellaneous paper that needs to go away. All of this (and more!) in on a little 3 shelf bookcase sitting beside my desk. I replaced my desk recently, but never got around to dealing with the "I have nowhere else to put it" items on the small bookcase. And the stacks grew as I procrastinated.

My goal is to put away, throw away, and shred tomorrow until that bookcase is clear. Then it's going to be moved AWAY from my desk, forcing me to keep up with my filing. (I bought this desk in part because it puts me in a "no where to put it but where it belongs" situation with my paper clutter. But the presence of an extra bookcase has been my crutch since that purchase.)

I'll let you know how it goes!

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
B
Koala
Koala
B
I organized a cart file I got for homeschooling and now have a few years worth of newsletters to go thru and cut out any relevant articles.

I keep articles from mags in folders - like pictures of hair styles or rooms I like that are designed and autism stories, unless it is a cover story and I save the whole mag.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wow Myrabeth that is a GREAT aim. My paper pile is out of control and has taken over literally the entire floor of my office. I need to get a shelf system and organize the paper and really shred most of it I imagine.

Bonnie - that is awesome news, that you have gotten things under control! Another thought is to scan in the hairstyles and to create one webpage that shows them all, that way you can scan them all at an instant and even print them out for a stylist, but you don't have to take up "paper room" with them. That is what I do with all images now.

In my case most of the paper I have are receipts from things, I save every receipt for anything I do, for tax reasons. So they all have to be filed properly.

I'm going to start a separate thread on this.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK I had slacked off and the house got to be a mess again. Go figure. I am starting anew with resolve. I am going to REALLY gather up all excess stuff to donate to charity, so there simply is less stuff to be messy.

I just spent several hours on the bedroom and it is CLEAN. Vacuumed, steam cleaned, done. Hurrah!! I took two boxes of stuff out to donate to charity. This will help it stay clean going forward.

What one room can you tackle?

Next I am going to do the upstairs bathroom! That hopefully should be relatively easy ...

Low Carb Forum
Parakeet
Parakeet
I think it will take me a year to shred all my "to be done shredding" anyone have a better idea? I keep thinking I could just burn it in the grill, but that is not very environmentally friendly.

Instead of a room, I think I will tackle my desk/office area.... it'll take me a week. I will do one draw and one shelf a day.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I really would put the shredder by the couch and work on it in bursts. That way every day you make progress. I bet you could be done in a few weeks!

One drawer a day sounds awesome!!

Low Carb Forum
Parakeet
Parakeet
Did you know you can only run a shredder for 10 minutes at a time? lol I have put my shreader by the trash though. This way I haven't added TO the pile for some time now. Most of my shreading is literally years old. Sad to say.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Tammy - Cleaning Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.