Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
Hello!

Could you please share with me your experiences using ad or affiliate programs like Ad sense, EBay, Amazon, etc. on your websites or blogs?

What do you like, don�t like, have found to be successful, or not so successful, etc?

Thank you in advance!

smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
i have found that whatever you decide makes the most sense for your blog or website, to stick to it. Singing up for every affil is a bad idea - you kind of have to focus on whatever two or three, or even just one, that you pick. So if you do Art.com, do it with almost every article and tie it in well. Same with Amazon.

Ad sense is tricky and only worth doing if you have a TON of really well optimized content.

Commission Junction gives you lots of options but with ALL the options it can be a time suck - and again, it's best to focus on a few of their vendors instead of roaming around. smile

A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
Thank you so much!

I really appreciate your advice! I'm off to look into everything now...thank you again!

smile

Shark
Shark
When it comes to making money online, I like places that pay for my articles the best. I do write for local mags and such, but if I pop a few things up on Associated Content or Ehow, then I get paid each month for my traffic. Ehow has more traffic than AC, but they do not payout until you reach ten bucks. Not hard to reach that, either.

Adsense, ugh. I've had it running on several websites for a while and only have 13.00 in the account. you don't see that until you break $100.

Julie Fletcher
Cleaning Editor
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I find people really tune out random ads, whatever they are. The best ads are NOT ads at all. They are special recommendations you make. If you read a book, love the book, review the book and then link to that book, people will buy it in droves. If you put random ads on your site, people will treat them as random ads and ignore them smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Parakeet
Parakeet
I personally don't promote other affiliate programs, but I do run one - for Nursing Informatics CE courses. I try to create inviting banners that affiliate signees will be happy to include on their site. I am also very selective about what types of sites can sign up. They MUST be relevant to nursing.

I agree with Lisa's advice about writing your own recommendations. People like to know that an item or service has substance (which you lend, with your review).

June Kaminski, MSN PhD(c)
BellaOnline Web Design Editor
Visions of Adonai Design and Hygeia Design
A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
Thank you to all of you!

This is such great information, and I really appreciate it!

smile

I definitely second the advice for not having tons of affiliate addresses on your site. One or two is enough. After that, I don't even bother to read any further on the page. And it makes you seem like you don't care about any one specifically. Don't know if that made sense, but it doesn't create a positive image when there are loads of links on your page.

P.S. I get cash back on all my eBay purchases. Do you? I also get cash back from 100s of online retailers. Free to join. Learn About BigCrumbs .
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I find commission junction complicated and time-consuming to use. I actually do have a ton of solid content, but also found Adsense very cumbersome to use. At least Amazon is simple and quick, but have heard some poor showings from them. Some people say it takes a year!

J
Koala
Koala
J
With adsense, you really need pretty good traffic to make it pay, plus things like good ad placement and not overdoing it also help. It took me over a year to break the $100/mo earnings level and during this past summer, when traffic is down, my earnings went down too.

Once my adsense account was set up tho, I haven't had any trouble using it. I recently added the search feature to most of my pages and am earning a little from that as well now.

I used to join various affiliate programs that caught my eye that seemed to fit in with my site but usually there is a $25 level you have to get to, to actually get a check and I never got that high with any of them. I've been told you need A LOT of traffic to make affiliates work.

I've had better luck, as you say, giving my recommendations on my blog or on forums about books or products that worked for me. I also added a "My book recommendations" area to my blog and website, with Amazon. I have an amazon account so if I recommend a book on my blog or someplace, I can offer a link to buy it through me.

All of this takes a lot of work and you really have to find out what works for you. One of the main things to assure success is to drive traffic to your blog or website in the first place because without traffic, you won't earn no matter what you use.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.