Next Thread
Print Thread
#427943 06/18/08 11:05 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Today we'll look at the chapter on Celebration in our June book club book - "The Woman's Field Guide to Exceptional Living," by Corrie Woods.

When I mention the word celebration, what's the first thing that comes to mind? Birthdays? Holidays? I counted and my family celebrates eight birthdays a year - and that's just the immediate family. Among friends, we celebrate even more. Then there are the major holidays - which are too numerous to mention here LOL.

But how often to we celebrate our personal accomplishments? How often do we celebrate anything about ourselves?

We have many milestones in our lives that go by without notice. And when we take the time to celebrate those milestones, we are given beautiful memories and feelings of accomplishment to look back on.

From the Field Notes in the book (page 22 and 23):

Pick one cause for celebration and celebrate.

How might I begin living a life of celebration today?

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Okay - my one cause for celebration right now would be the Summer Solstice.

I've never been a fan of summertime here in Southern California. We have 100 + days, sometimes high in humidity throughout August.

So we'll celebrate the great things about summer this Friday. Going to the beach. Air conditioning in our home. Reading more. Lots and lots of reading grin. Sitting outside in the evenings. Getting up early and enjoying the first of the day before it warms up.

As for how might I begin living a life of celebration? I think I want to start having a one night where when we have our family dinner, we each talk about one accomplishment for that week. Then we'll have a special dessert. I'd also like to do more picnics up in the mountains.

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

E
E
A very close friend gave birth to a baby boy. This calls for a celebration of life.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Oh definitely! Births are one of my very favorite things to celebrate!

Deanna Joseph

S
Gecko
Gecko
S
My son is a sophomore in college and made the Dean's List for the 2nd semester in a row at Eastern Michigan University. He was then admitted into the School of Business.

C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C
Yeah Deb! You should be so proud!

This was the first year we celebrated the Summer Solstice. I realize that isn't necessarily 'my' accomplishemnt but we looked back at how much we accomplished this spring - the organic gardens, practicing lunar planting, biodiversity - all of it in honor of Mother Earth -- it was really exciting to see what we have done and the results.

The highlight was when Emma (15 months) picked her own strawberries from our patch in the garden yesterday and put them in the basket after she watched me do it the last couple of days. And, yes, she did sneak a few to eat!

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Deb, you must be so proud! Congrats to you and your son! What a great cause to celebrate!

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Aw Colleen, this is so sweet! Your little strawberry pickin' strawberries! Sounds like you had a wonderful day smile

Deanna Joseph

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Today is the start of the new season of the Dallas Stars so I am celebrating that (without them i would of killed myself before someone set a fire to our house in Ste-Florence).

Moderated by  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.