logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 26 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 25 26
Zebra
Zebra
I'm sorry to hear that Jilly....
It's a real bummer... I've searched the suttas and the teachings from top to bottom, and I can't find that bit about it being OK to kick the dog, or slap the OH up de head, during periods, anywhere....

Chin up honey.
I'm sorry if I hit a nerve...You know I would never do anything like that intentionally....
I have other comments I would add, but I don't want them to be mis-construed, and I'd like to be mindful of how I write and communicate - so please tell me when you feel happy to continue the discussion.
I really don't want to cause you emotional upset, truly I don't....
I'm just adding different perspectives as the discussion progresses....

With much metta XX

Last edited by Alexandra; 05/26/08 03:21 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I did end up getting the "do not complain" book, so I'll read it and write it up!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Alexandra I am feeling better if you want to continue the discussion. Thank you for your kindness.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Lisa I will be excited to hear about the book. Maybe I should see if my library has it. what is the title?

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
The actual full title is

A Complaint Free World
Will Bowen

Also in "The Power of Now" that author talks explicitly about not complaining. He says by all means speak out for yourself! Speak up if you have poor service. But do not COMPLAIN about the poor service. Address the issue calmly and productively.

Speaking of which, I did get a response from Stoney's, the restaurant in DC where we had bad service and I wrote them a letter. They apologized for the problems we had and said they were taking steps to ensure the waiters were more attentive in the future. So I imagine that got better results overall for the restaurant than if we'd harassed the waiter smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I finally tracked this thread down because I finished "Orderly Chaos" (a book on Buddhism) and this came to mind. I wanted to focus on this again. I do think I "complain" far less in general but it's always good to focus on it every once in a while! Also with my poison ivy I have been itchy and a bit grumpy. So it would be good to be more aware of that.

I already complained to Bob today because our washing machine has been broken for over 2 years and he still hasn't fixed it. Nearly every time we run it it beeps and beeps and we have to go restart it a bunch of times. It's like water torture. I want to just fix it or replace it or *something*. It bugs me that he hasn't done anything. It's in "his hands". Obviously just complaining isn't working smile. So I need to just do something myself.

OK I just talked with him and he says he'll get parts tomorrow. So progress. See, much better than complaining! smile.

So I'm starting from NOW. Interestingly we did this almost exactly five years ago - within only a few days - so it's a good five year cycle project to do!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I'm doing fairly well today. Yes, I did complain a few times. But I'm being more aware of when I'm doing it. And often I'm complaining about silly things. For example, I normally don't drink sparkling water. Bob brought me some home to test. I tried to open it carefully, but it bubbled over. I didn't bother to clear up the puddle because I was racing to get other things done. Then I went back into the kitchen and of course I stepped in the puddle with my sock smile. Clearly my own fault. And I complained about it! Silly me. Why should I be stressed about something like that? My energy is much more precious than that.

So I started fresh from that point smile So I think I've gone maybe ... one hour? smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Starting fresh today. So far it's going well. Things are fairly quiet here, Bob is off playing golf, so it's me, the cat, and the parakeet. Laundry is running, dishwasher is running, Scooba is cleaning the kitchen floor, so lots getting done.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Bob just got home from golf, and already I've complained. Ah well, have to restart my no-complaining counter from now.

I feel instigated into it, but clearly I have control over my own brain smile.

I spent all day long quadruple tasking and doing laundry, washing dishes, washing the kitchen floor, scrubbing the kitchen to prepare for my juicing videos, plus doing all the newsletter work. And Bob was off playing golf all day.

So he comes in the door and I say "welcome home!"

And he grumps, "Jeez, that's not much of a welcome. You didn't come open the door for me."

At which point I got a bit cranky smile.

But after my brief crank, I pointed out how hard I'd been working and that all I wanted was for him to come home and appreciate my efforts, rather than complaining at me right away.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Starting a fresh day of no-complaining! Let's see if I can make it through just this one day smile. So far so good!

Low Carb Forum
Page 10 of 26 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 25 26

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.